Iron Maiden Stage Set WIP

The particle sizes need to be adjusted in the halo material tab, since that will control the brightness and the size of the alpha. Hardness will make them smaller I think.

Also, you might try getting the video of the band on their concert dvd, and grab some screenies of the guys there to model from.

I don’t understand the origin of the skeleton beast, did you model or draw this thing?

@craigomatic: Thanks for that, that seemed to solve the size, but as you will see from the attached image, they aren’t very bright…any thoughts?
And thanks for the reference image idea, I never really thought about that, I will definitely have enough choice, got about all their dvd’s :smiley:

@3dementia: No no thats the bands latest album cover, I wish I was talented enough to draw something of that quality! :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe juice up the alpha a bit, and make sure you have the material set to white… I think you might also think about using the lines to give it that lense flare look if you think it might help

Thanks for that craigomatic, I used rings and got this result.
Comments?

I think this is better, but we will see how everything comes together. I like it so far, and it will be good once you get the mic stands and drum kit in there :slight_smile:

Thanks :slight_smile: I’m gonna start on the drum kit now, sooooo many pieces! :S

dont forget nicko

thomas

Hahaha nice shot of Nicko :stuck_out_tongue:

Quick render with the partially modelled drum kit :slight_smile:

Looks great! So, will this be the first in a series entitled “Stage Sets of 80’s Metal Bands”?

Hmm haha it’s a possibility :stuck_out_tongue:

I added a few mic stands and theres some additions to the drum kit

After this you’ll have to give Tommy Lee’s flying, rotating drum kit a shot! Ha! Looking good!

Haha that would be pretty sweet, I already thought about making that for an animation :slight_smile:

Any ideas how I can recreate the graphic on the bass drum?
I tried using an image of a wave and then using radial blur in Photoshop and then using the twirl filter, but it just didn’t work out right!

The blue inside is stuffing - it’s not part of the graphics. So, all you need to do is create a white swirl. Drummers usually stick pillows etc to muffle their base drums, other wise it would ring out, like a tom tom, as opposed to that nice solid “thump”. The other drums have space and planet graphics which I think you could approximate. Not sure about the little Teddy Bear.

looks so alive

I’m not sure, I think it is a graphic cos if you zoom in there’s stars and other things and different shades of blue.
I tried again with the blur and twirl and got this:

I’m not very happy with it…

Alright so I did a bit more work in Photoshop and came up with this, it’s getting near the graphic I think :slight_smile:

Perfect! I like it better than the original.

Yay thanks :slight_smile: now I just gotta do all the graphics for the other drums!

Good job on the graphic - all it needs is to be positioned toward the bottom of the bass drum, but it is really close to the original as far as color goes :slight_smile: