IS-2 1944 Heavy Tank

absolutely phenomenal work!!!

The attention to detail is staggering, i cant even imagine the amount of skill it would take to sculpt in details of this level! Everything looks accurate! the scratches, wear and tear, rusting even down to the running paint on the textures! Just mind-blowing stuff, very inspiring!

This is definatley some of the best hard surface modelling i have seen for a looong time!
Great work! :smiley: Looking forward to seeing more!

Yes, it looks like a real tank turret.

What you could add, if not already there (I can’t see it in the renders), is a different (lower?) amount of glossiness to the white painted areas. Like on this picture:

I’m looking forward to the hull textures!

Thank you everyone! I’m glad you like it!

@thorst: Yes, I’ve added lower amount of glossiness for white paint, but maybe not enough. Thanks for this suggestion! I will adjust it when I start working on hull textures.

Amazing details :smiley:

Thanks @BluePrintRandom

I finally finished textures for hull and the rest. I made some preview renders in Marmoset. Final shots and animation I hope to do inside Unreal Engine 4. Cheers :slight_smile:

Rig preview

1 Like

Truly a fantastic model and textures :slight_smile: Good job man!!

I have follow this thread, with a lot of attention, and i what i see know is absolutely amazing.

The textures are absolutely superb, a lot of life there … Thats a damn heavy tank and the rigging seems ( for what i have seen ) really good. Good job !!!

Thank you very much guys! Now I’m working on an animation in UE4 and I think it will take few days. Anyway, I hope to finish it within one week.

Cheers!

You are a master of his craft!

That’s stunning! Is there a way to export the rigging of the Blender model to UE? Or did you have to redo everything from zero?

Thank you everyone!

@thorst: I exported baked animation (bake to keyframes) and then import to UE4. I don’t think it will be possible to make a rig inside UE4 which will work as good as from Blender.

First test from UE4:

Ah, thanks for the explanation! Looks great even without the textures.

Another test animation. Some bugs need to be fixed but show overall direction where it goes. I plan to do another scene and animation, but the tank will drive much faster. More to come soon!

Do you make custom maps for all parts with the welding and adjust the geometry for it than? Im curious how the mesh with the normal maps applied look like. I mean the parts where the weldings are applied needs to be some how raised.

Looking great, just found this thread after the EU4 test i noticed in a other post. I do remember your T55 which was epic

Thanks! Welds were sculpted and then baked to low poly. They are a consistent part of the mesh. Check previous pages where I showed some sculpts and bakes.

Woops, I post wrong link to the video in the previous post. Here is the right one:

How you made a much lower version of the model. Thats seems like very tedious work to, im not into game development so never tried it actually.

As always cool!

@Rombout: Base model prepared for sculpt was created for subsurf workflow so I simply disabled the subsurf modifier and deleted some edge loops etc to optimize. However some objects needed retopo by hand from scratch.

@Pavel-Hardcore: Thanks!

Great work! The only minor issue I spot is in the shading, I think the shadow areas are too bright, and I don’t understand some highlights (for example at 4:00, the road wheels are in the shadows of the hull but have highlights at the running surface). I’m not sure if this can be dealt with by other settings in UE, and other than that, it’s flawless. One can feel the weight.

Thorsten

I can’t do anything with this, it’s an UE4 limitation for movable objects.