Isometropolis PD

I fancied creating a detective duo, this is the first scene in a set of 5. I’m also planning on animating each scene to create loops as well as a sequence of all scenes. This scene has under gone a number of iterations.

buildup

I’d welcome any feedback, thanks.

75 Likes

Ok know this is awesome what game is this going to be? :wink:

Thanks! Does it feel like it should be a game? :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s a few making of images, I’m really loving modelling with modifiers, being able to jump back into the a simple base mesh is awesome.

10 Likes

this is really awesome
it would be really amazing if its an animation with this style and this angel !!!
and it would be even amazing if it was a game !!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, :smile:

1 Like

Great design, lovely shaders… Bravo!

1 Like

Playing around with a ‘flipping’ transition idea. Trying to work out if it will limit the following scenes.

TransitionTest

22 Likes

Modelling a car for the next scene.

12 Likes

I really like the look of this scene. I’d love a Sketchfab version too - have you considered that? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool, thanks Bart. Definitely thought about Sketchfab version. Need to find a way to UV unwrap and bake en masses. I’m thinking the smart UV tool is the way to go.

I’ve also added you to the #featured row :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need any help putting this up on Sketchfab!

1 Like

Strong work, love that transition idea.

1 Like

Just wanted to chime in as well - I love this style. it kinda reminds me of the old police quest games, or how they should have looked if the graphics weren’t so low res

1 Like

It’s full of charm.

1 Like

This is great! I’ve seen a lot of isometric style of images (to a point they feel annoying really) but this feels fresh and different, love the transition animation too. It would make a great short film or series! Have you thought about that? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is beautiful work. Have you rigged these guys for animation?

That’s a lovely art form. I saw something similar on Zacharias Reinhardt’s channel and he teased about creating a tutorial teaching about the look and how to animate it.

He created a newsletter and if you’re interested this is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbLrAI7GWnA&t=18s

1 Like

Isometropolis… Just love it!

1 Like

Thanks! Not really thought much beyond 5 scenes so far. Might see if I can flesh it out after that.