It just has to be done, that's all. SuperWu 3D - the game

basic red seems to work.
http://home.att.net/~yorik/drone.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o208/BRAINofDOOM/sagochair.jpg

Maybe Sago (or Sagor) has a chair-walker…

I mean, he has lots of other machinery, like all those 'bots and those ships and stuff…

Tell me if you want the blend file for texturing

not a bad idea, but maybe not too practical, especially if wu makes the main characters in his round headed style, in which case they wont really be able to sit.

Round headed style? I know you guys mentioned it, but I’m not sure what it looks like? Is it just a sphere with arms and legs?

yeah if you check out wu’s old animated shorts you’ll see what i mean. i think he has a few on his website, i recommend ‘larry the lover’, my personal fav.

I did! Pretty cool…

Yeah, well I’m gonna get to work on the corridor of, what, the final station?

What sort of game is it going to be and how low poly does the stuff need to be. Also where are they going to be duking it out

'bout time someone asked that question. No one has discussed what the model/texture requirements are or began to really develop a plot (really). I suggest people start on this part or there is going to be a lot of wasted work/time.

Hmm, plot…

Up in space orbiting around earth is a large(very large) space station. Scientist have been trying to work on a “cure” that gives normal people “Wu-power” for a short period of time. However an evil henchman(Sago possibly) has taken over the space station, as it turns out that Wu-power “cure” is ineffective as he is beyond saving. So he try’s to destroy the “cure” and make an “anti” Wu-power. Making everyone not cool. The evil guy, uses the BFG(Big freaky Gun) on the space station to infect the entire world.
The “anti” Wu-power is so powerful that it destroys Super-Wu’s powers.

The Super-Wu wont allow this and so the leaders of country’s rally toghter to ceate Wu his own spaceship to go fight the evil guy. Mainly because all the leaders need the Wu-power “cure”.

Super-Wu is sent up into space in his “Wu-fighter”, where the game finally starts.

The begining of the game sees you flying to the space station avoiding asteriods & evil henchman fighters.

Once he gets to the station there is a short cinematic where we see Super-Wu spearing his ship into the station and crush some unfortunate evil henchman that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Super-Wu leaves his “Wu-fighter” which when he starts walking away the Wu-fighter screams “Come back Wuuu!”.

A platform type game starts. Where we slowly see Super-Wu reaching the main bridge and kicking shit out of the evil guy. And saving all “man-kind”.

Haha, nice, kit89.

model texture requirements = keep it low poly + use jpg format for textures. the plot sounds good. I am still waiting to hear from wu as to whether he’s going to do the modelling/texturing of the main characters, but I pm-ed him, so I suspect we will know soon. btw, I started on another model of an enemy spaceship that is going to be my entry in the WC this week.

here’s the enemy space ship
http://home.att.net/~yorik/slugship.jpg

Rigged the “The Clones” and gave them a gun. So they had some sort of hope to defeating Super-Wu.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2069/wuenemywithguncv8.th.jpg

modron, sorry to bail on you man, the two ships so far are awsome, the slug is fantastic, haha, got to get to work on another movie so i can see reincarnations in your modeling!

cant wait to see whats next, also i thought there was a way in blender to reduce polys of a model? would you be able to use your wu-man and convert him to low poly?

anyway, awsome texture work and modeling on the slug ship, your creativity is awsome dude!

So does that mean Wu isn’t making the models?

If so, I’ll still make the concept in the style I was before.

yeah, unfortuanately wu is caught up in his hectic life at the moment, so the modelling goes back to alex. i’ll do the texturing if needed.

Cool… And there is one thing left for me to be defined… Who is Wu Man and what’s so special about him??? Any links…???

Wu-Man(use to be known as Wu) also known as Super Wu-Man(atm). Is a character created from the minds of Wu & Sago.

Based on the original mind set of Wu, with some modification by Sago to make him a Super Hero. Although I’m sure Super Wu-Man(Wu) will say he was always a hero. :slight_smile:

Wu loved Super Wu so much that he decided to be the Super Wu-Man.

How Wu & Sago became popular in the Blender forums is a variety of images, comics, videos that where very funny and generally slagged each other off and every now and then some of the moderators.

It then grew from there.

Note This is my interpretation on how things went and are not based on anyone elses thoughts, so it could be entirely wrong.

Hey Wu-Man, sorry to prove you wrong, but using the Decimator produces really bad results most of the time.

Yes, you are entirely wrong.

It went like this:

Some time ago I had a terrible stomach ache. So I went to the toilet to take a huge dump, et voila… there was Wu-Man.

Then I flushed.