It's watch time (non-commercial) updated from "Focused Critiques"

Hi guys,
My final image after submitting it to the “Focused Critiques”:

Original message :arrow_heading_down:

For my second presentation, I updated, with blender 3.6.2, a project that I had carried out in 2018 (2.78)… The “Rolex Daytona Rainbow 116595RBOW” watch :

Cycles + DoF + Compositing

Cycles + DoF

Viewer + Matcap + Wire

Thanks for watching, hope you like it, comments and reviews are welcome… See you

3 Likes

nice modelling and attention to the details, looks really well done however I think it would look much better with a better background and slightly better lighting.
for instance have a looks at these examples.

even a completely white or black background can help transforming the image and complementing the model much more.

1 Like

also don’t try getting everything done inside blender some gradient shadows and blurry or out of focus background are much cheaper and easier to achieve in post.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback and advice.

As I said previously (Focused Critiques), I had some personal restrictions, no typographies, no “photo” images in the background; what’s more, no “scene” !

Finally, I find that the presentations of the style of your first image are very synthetic, perhaps good for a catalog.

On the other hand, I keep your comments in mind, especially the improvement of the lighting and the work outside the blender added in post.

1 Like