I've seen star wars III (no Spoiler)

Hmm, I hope you’re not serious. Dubbing voices is movie-rape. Actors also act with their voice and script writers don’t just communicate information, they construct good dialog, with emotional nuances. When dubbing it, all that is gone. The orignal acting is gone and the dialog, with all the nuances, is turned into a newspaper article.

Ditto that!

We use to make jokes about “german” tv-ads that run here in Denmark where
the germans have been dubbed into Danish and we can see the mouth movements
either going ahead or lagging behind - it’s hilarious. :smiley:

But we don’t dub our movies, that would be awful. Only the kids-movies gets dubbed
for obvious reasons.

Jesper Klein as Darth Vader? I think not … >_< no offence…the man is a voice genious
but … :smiley: LOL

Movies made by Lucas: 48
Movies made by Toontje: 0

Hmmm. I’d say: wrong ass.

Movies made by Lucas: 48
Movies made by Toontje: 0

Hmmm. I’d say: wrong ass.[/quote]

I beg to differ. Recogizing failure is much easier than exceeding the one who has failed.

Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader.

No, no! There’s still time for him to turn things around. He can resist. He doesn’t have to become Darth Vader.

Well, I’m a total lamewad, I’m not planning on seeing it until Friday. If I can even get tickets.

Wow! I just got back from the theatres. I caught the first showing in my area. It was the darkest of all the movies. When I saw the opening scene (the one with grevious’s ship) I didn’t know quite what to expect, then as the movie progressed, it began to get better. When Anakin and Obi-Wan fought and then Anakin was defeated, George Lucas pulled it off wonderfully. It was so sad and had so much depth to it (as opposed the the very shallow prequels). Now I’m a fan of Episodes 3, 4, 5, and 6. I still don’t the think the movie was near as good as the orignals, but nevertheless, it was an exellent movie (although the acting really needed a good bit of work).

-Lando

EDIT: And guess what? There were tons of kids running around in costumes skipping school. I saw a few kids carrying Master Replica’s lightsabers. Are they going to be in trouble with their teachers or what?

EDIT:

Episode I: 1 (lousiest movie I’ve ever seen)
Episode II: 5 (mediocre I guess)
Episode III: 8 (wow! really good!)
Episode IV: 10 (woot! Best movie ever made!)
Episode V: 9.0 (a bit better than revenge but not by much. and slightly behind RoTJ)
Episode VI: 9.5 (Just slightly ahead of empire. almost my favorite)

What I don’t get is how people can think revenge was better than Episode IV.

-Lando

just saw it today…and I must say it was very very very good!!

there was a few thing that I had the impression it could have been better…yet dunno how it could have…so I’ll shut myself hehe

my fav episodes are

1. ep3
  2. ep5
  3. ep4
  4. ep6
  5. ep2
  6. ep1

yet the first 3…or even 4…of the list are almost at the same level…just the first 2 episode that I didn’t really like

Hehe got to see a day early since i work at a theater :slight_smile:

The movie it self has the best CG ive seen in a movie especially that opening scene, but the character acting did seem a bit cheesy and weak at points(but what can you expect its starwars), but overall, a very good movie.

I just saw the movie today, I thought it was much better than the I and II. Even though the acting was still a little stiff, and think that makes sense from the sense that jedi are supposed to be very controlled. And despite that there was still an emotional message conveyed by the movie.

I also thought the CGI was much better than the previous two movies. The opening space battle was most impressive of all, if only because there was so much debries and junk floating around.

And I’m not sure but I could have sworn that Yoda had normal sentence structure for like 3 lines somewhere in the movie. It was really weird.

I just saw the movie last night at midnight! Can anyone say MATRIX? Man I can’t believe how much they stole from the Matrix. It’s like I went to see the Matrix but Lucus digitally replaced all the agent smiths with wookies. LOL

Fun stuff!

These are interesting observations.

It always puzzled me that so little use was made of the character of Darth Maul, especially given the potential talents of the actor who played him… an experienced stunt-man and black-belt martial artist. Although his experience was with martial-arts and not so much with swordsmanship (as I understand it), he could have been used much more effectively and his character could have been allowed to survive for more than one film. As it was, it was pretty darned obvious that he was holding himself back when obviously it was, “I could take you out, dude… If my charcter wasn’t supposed to lose this fight, your head would be on the floor right now.”

Given that the Jedi Knights are supposed to be swordsmen par excellence, I wonder why more attention was never paid to creating authentic choreography. It may well be that the actors were not capable of it (that’s entirely plausible and not a negative comment), that the fight would not be safe for the actors, or that someone decided it just would not look good (also a valid concern). Still, as you observed, it has always been true that the actors in all of the movies basically used the light-sabers as though they were rods… not swords.

Quantity is not the same as quality, unless you think Howard the Duck is a great movie. Lucas made a lot of bad movies. There are only a few of those 48 which I am willing to pay money for.
On the other end of the spectrum you have guys like Quentin Tarantino. A couple of movies over a period of more then 10 years, but boy almost all of them are classics!

Secondly: having not made any movies doesn’t make me less intelligent so I think I’m entitled to a constructive opinion/ criticsism. But hey, I’m very sorry that I offended your idol if that is the case :wink:

No kidding! It is hard to find a movie that is worse than episode I and II.

Thank you for the spoiler.

Quantity is not the same as quality, unless you think Howard the Duck is a great movie. Lucas made a lot of bad movies. There are only a few of those 48 which I am willing to pay money for.
On the other end of the spectrum you have guys like Quentin Tarantino. A couple of movies over a period of more then 10 years, but boy almost all of them are classics!

Secondly: having not made any movies doesn’t make me less intelligent so I think I’m entitled to a constructive opinion/ criticsism. But hey, I’m very sorry that I offended your idol if that is the case ;)[/quote]

Not wanting to take part on argument who is smarter, but as a movie buff I just wanted to say, that Lucas has directed ONLY 6 long movies during his career. That’s counting from THX 1138. Rest of the films in his list are short films made in films school I believe.

Everything else is just producer and writing credits.

So his directin credits are:

THX 1139 (1971)
American Graffiti (1973)
Star Wars (1977)
Phantom Menace (1999)
Atack of the Clones (2002)
Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Empire Strikes Back (1980) was directed by Irvin Kershner
and
Return of The Jedi (1983) was directed by Richard Marquand.

And for a interesting side note, Return of the Jedi was first offered to no other than David Lynch, who declined from the honor saying that it would have been too much of a Lucas movie, not Lynch movie.

This concludes my educational rant. Thank you.

And for a interesting side note, Return of the Jedi was first offered to no other than David Lynch, who declined from the honor saying that it would have been too much of a Lucas movie, not Lynch movie.

Lucas also asked Paul Verhoeven to direct Return of the Jedi after seeing ‘Soldier of Orange’, but after seeing Verhoevens ‘Spetters’ (lotsa sex and gaybashing) Lucas kindly took back his offer. :slight_smile:

That I didn’t know. Makes me think, that if Verhoven would have directed the movie would there have been a scene, where Leia is interogated by the Storm Troopes and then she lifts her leg over to the other… :smiley:

That I didn’t know. Makes me think, that if Verhoven would have directed the movie would there have been a scene, where Leia is interogated by the Storm Troopes and then she lifts her leg over to the other…

I’ve always wondered how much influence the director has on the final movie. What does he do? I mean, the movie is written by the writers. All a director has to do is contruct written text into images, right?

Paul Verhoeven doesnt hold back on censorship, he defies hollywood. Return of the Jedi would be…hmmm, interesting to say the least if he directed it. I’de think it would have gotten an age limit :slight_smile:

haha your a movie puff,

anywho cant wait to see this, i’m going wednesday! whoohoo :o