Jaguar F-Type R-Convertible

The interior looks pretty detailed and accurate. How long does it take for you to complete a car interior, as long as you have enough reference photos?

Thank you! I am trying to put as much detail as possible.

Coming to the interior modeling, I don’t think the number of reference images help any much. It’s more about the quality of reference image. I have something like 20 images of the seat alone, I am working currently on it, and none of them is giving me any accurate information. So I am using the one with better camera view and working from that. Due to this, it gets time consuming for me to model the interior.

It all depends on how much detail you want to put in. But for a good detailed interior, it takes me about a month or so (depending on the model) to complete the project. Also I am having some personal issues and so I am not working much. I wanted to complete this project by September, but I think this will be complete next month. Not much is left.

All in all, with the right reference images, I can do interior in a couple of days.

What’s left:
Sensors
RVM
Speedometer
Wipers

3 Likes

Wow. That’s a lot of detail you’ve put on the interior. Even I can’t model a highly detailed interior since I’m inexperienced in that area.

Hi, your model looks really nice so far!

Thanks, @Drtikol!

@MAC2001 It’s always nice to model the interior, but not required. :slight_smile:

Now I understand why the guy didn’t do the wipers. That thing is so infuriating.

Gotta do it all over again. I don’t understand why these wipers are so hard. On my previous project I spent few days modeling just the spoiler. And the shape was too simple. Here, nothing seems to be clear. THe wipers are going in a very different shape.

One more arm to go.

I hate these wipers. Arg!

I guess the wipers are complex to model since they have separate parts that don’t move together when the wipers are in motion and because of their shape.

Also, is it necessary to include wipers? I included it in one car and it was quite tricky to model as well as being time consuming.

Wipers are vital, I say. A car without wipers doesn’t seem complete cause they are quite conspicuous.

Some wipers are tricky. Some are very easy. It’s best to use shrinkwrap with lattice modifier (I have used lattice) so that there is minimal tweaking. Or you can simple project a plane with basic shape onto the windshield and then model it (I can show it).

I always model the wiper in separate parts. The problem here is the angle of the trim panel on which the arm is joined to. The second wiper was a breeze, though.

Sweet details! The wipers seem to be missing their spraying nozzles shown on the photos though?

Thanks!

No, they will be added later.

How is the progress of the car? Because it’s been a while.

Going to post some screens soon. I have done most of the modeling stuff. Now I will check if I need to re-do some of the stuff or not. Materials are mostly done.

2 Likes

Stitching is almost done.

Headlight is done:

Central Console is almost done:

However, the car isn’t done yet. I have to start making the decals soon. They are too much. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

make the decals like this
download%20(11)

1 Like

I think he was talking about the interior decals such as the icons for the sat nav, the steering wheel buttons and the gears.

1 Like

Icons are nearly done. I got sloppy with icons in my previous work, these one looks fine.

Tail lights done.

Console done.

Steering done.

Bumper done.

2 Likes

98% done.

What’s left:
Reflectors in front and bumper light.
Some icons for interior. (air vent)
Meridian logo
and a few minor things.

3 Likes

No…no.no This is for just checking some stuff. But I like this scene.