Jeep Willy's (first job in Blender)

Tire very strange indeed
never seen one like that before

just check given pic and there are some sort of rounded rivets around the rim outside
that is very strange
rim made of 2 parts joined
very strange

you should at least put some big rivets not bolt’s head

happy cl

Up Wip Willys

in these days of celebration, I had no way to model, but last night I tried a preview of the rendered model in cycle. Just for fun and to see whether the modeling was right. The materials are not the final ones…

…the model appears to be interesting :slight_smile:

Up WipWilly’s

As promised, I modeled the gas Jerry can. To be correct, only the cap was recycled and modified by this model by Gurugugnola:

Frankly I’m tired of modeling and I want to spend as soon the unwrap :slight_smile:

Thanks RickyBlender!! I 've watched the tread and I found it very interesting. There are also many tutorials, thread and tricks for the material, so I will be spoiled for choice !! W Blender hahahaahah !!!

Thanks again

begin doing some test with grunge map and see how it comes out
can always change it for another set up

happy cl

Hi medal…good job!

Hahahahaahahhaah Thanks for you support Peperepe77 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

PART 2 - UNWRAP -

I began to unwrap the model and I must say that I do not like blender uwv tool; there are many things and it is difficult for the standard to which I am accustomed… Anyway, I’m here to learn so I go ahead!!! :slight_smile:

This two unwrap are simply “Smart UV Project”.

For the wheels and bolts was really difficult… by the way: how do I select only the area between Mark Seam with one step?

what type of image did u use ?

happy cl

There are some function in uv editor, vertex,edges, faces and island for selection. Try island.

I did not understand your question Ricky, image for what?

Thanks peperepe77. I have already seen many functions, but find it a little confusing (unfortunately I think even the editor of 3ds Max)

Now I try the island function :smiley: :smiley:

you did a UV unwrap
so what image do u use for this UV unwrap

I mean it looks like you got one giant mesh with many parts

would have been easier to do it part by part

happy cl

Ha ok! Now I understood :slight_smile:

I prepare to unwrap the Jeep and then be painted in real-time (similar to Mudbox etc.). These two specific maps are simply applied, since they are under the Jeep and are not practically observed. You Will not Believe RickyBlender, but I still can’t apply a TEXTURE to the model!!! (with all the tutorials I’ve seen and I can not :frowning: ). I can not understand the logic behind the construction of the material Texure

not certain about the paint
but you depends if done in bl or cycles?

but do you mix image plus paint over ?

for image just add it after doing unwrap or just add image in node editor or UV editor

by painting you mean verts paint or image paint ?

happy bl

I think I have Cycle for rendering
Yes, I have the color base (green U.S.) and then I paint over (I think to do so)
Ok, I managed to put a texture, but still I did not understand deeply :smiley: hahahhaha!!
Image paint layer on the model 3D (like Photoshop, MudBox,Substance Painter ecc.)

are you still working with all jeep unwrap
or part by part?

there has been a lot of changes in last few months for painting
may be open a new thread in material to get more help

happy cl

Medal, do you want paint directly in 3d view? https://vimeo.com/56637873

I unwrap Jeep part by part! :smiley: If I find it difficult, I could open a new tred :slight_smile: Thank for support RickyBlender and tip!!!

Yeee Pepe!! I knew it was possible in Blender 3d painting, but now I think about it seriously !! Thanks!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: +1