Jerusalem: Knights; A game idea need help :(

Your models look good, but many of them have an incredible amount of polygons. Either you need to optimize them a lot, or this game will only run on the fastest of computers. Keep in mind, most geometry can be faked with textures. There’s no need to model each link of chain. If need be, you can use normal maps in game to create the illusion of additional geometry.

Branch 74 Polys
Common Axe 00 90 Polys
Common Broadsword 92 Polys
Common Battle-Axe 98 Polys
Common Sword 00 92 Polys
Common Dagger 00 172 Polys
Common Dagger 01 122 Polys
Common Flail 00 179 Polys
Glamdring (Kinda) 298 Polys
Katana 232 Polys
Narsil 260 Polys
Common Spear 88 Polys
Viking Sword 00 328 Polys
Viking Sword 01 144 Polys
Cutlass 204 Polys

Some of them are too high
-poly, but I’ll try to De-poly them :slight_smile:

Depoly Done! All meshes are now around 100 polys and about the same quality :slight_smile:

To get a poly count, list the amount of faces on a mesh, not the vertices.

Oh sorry, my bad, thanks for the correction though :slight_smile:

But I’m gonna hit the bed now, so good night :slight_smile:

Okay someone has to say this…

Now, this is just my opinion but if you’re going to make a game based on the crusades please do it in good taste and do not display the killing of Muslims or Jews.

If this game is indeed successful (and it may be because there seems to be interest in its development) i dont think it would be good publicity for the Blender Foundation to have a game that displays the murder of people in the name of any deity.

As far as technical stuff goes, your models look pretty good, and with some UV mapping that horse could end up looking very nice.

I on the other hand would like a historically correct view of the crusade :)… but when I look at your weapons (which are great looking, but wrong) I doubt it will be…

If you have any pictures of special weapons or items that you want me to include in the game, give them to me straight away, and I’ll model them to the best of my ability :slight_smile:

Can I call them Saracens then? (You know, just make them look ((Arabish*?)) and call them Desert Raiders or something…)

And everybody! Thanks for the support:)

Hey James…

Got a Game menu running…ehm I also have bump mapping scripts and material script ready…

Other than that…oh yes a shading script…great shadows…
How is progress?

Thanks mate! :wink: Good Job!
Progress is good, got a bugger with the camera and a little bit with movement…

What is the bug?

Well… in order to make the ball to move around in a realistic way you need to make it a dynamic in the Logic window, but this causes the ball to rotate slightly all the time, the camera is parented to the ball, and thus the camera rotates slightly …maybe someone knows a way around this… :frowning:
Silly me! I had the “No Sleeping” button checked! (I’ts working now :slight_smile: )

Btw can you parent an object in the GE using Logic Bricks? Like a sword to a character?
And how can you change between cameras?

Thanks in Advance :slight_smile:

An update of the environment! :slight_smile:

Your sky texture tiles oddly. Try this texture:
http://www.savefile.com/files/282581
Also, try doing a sky dome instead of a box.

These models are awesome.

I especially like the Horse, and all the weps look sweeet.

http://www.playerturbo.com

Got some funky water animations for you James…

Sounds great! Send them to me straight away :slight_smile:

Narsil?

Since when was LOTR Crusade-related.

Your right there mate, it never was :rolleyes: But it looks crusade/ish …

Adjust your Mass and Damp in your Dynamic settings. That should get the object to move as you would like.

Progress :slight_smile: Samael made a basic menu, the test world is a large landscape with a river, and if you fall into the river you have to fight against the stream XD
Well I’m going to expand the landscape, and proably add some interactive stuff XD