keKit for Blender (2.8+)

Set orientation as cursor, is that a KEKIT tool i guess?

No, it’s vanilla functionality:
2022-03-19114618
But I would recommend to use a menu or shortcuts(like in Modo) for fast switching the presets.
KeKit has quite handy menu for that:
2022-03-19115505

1 Like

@Kiellog, reg. 1.476
Is there a way to increase font size for the bottom info line only in Blender? I couldn’t find separated option for that in the Themes. Only increasing the whole interface font size…

1 Like

Only these afaik:

2 Likes

/Offtopic

You’d better use this on: https://github.com/Stromberg90/Scripts/tree/master/Blender
That’s the original and it is ahead in updates.

1 Like

Hey Kjell,
An idea/request. Currently we have default Invert(via select_all) and your Select Inverted Linked. 2 scripts with 2 different shortcuts. Is it possible to combine them into one tool?

1 Like

Hi i also has a new request/idea - possibility for batch merging not selected verts to selected ) what do you think about this? or maybe there is a way already i dont know?

2 Likes

Ah, you mean when the linked geo is all selected, it uses the default invert the entire geo? That might be a cool feature. I’ll look into it!

3 Likes

reg. autowelding, there are a few ways to do that I suppose. But i suspect there might already be tools for this in some of the boolean-type add-ons? hops, bcutter etc

1 Like

Yeah :slight_smile:
And when 1 or several polygons are selected, it works as Select Inverted Linked does now

I know MACHIN3 Clean Up tool has interactive merge tool. But it doesn’t respect selections as @impacman asked.

1 Like

not any for a moment. as Antony said meshmachine has boolen cleanup but it only takes verts placed on selected edge into account (in my previous example i already cleaned cut with it). hops has feature for welding only around one vert at time. i asked Machine3 to add this feature but he said for now he has a lot of different tasks to do so this niche is empty for now.

of course the request more about booleans workflow but it also very handy for cleaning cuts performed on collapsed subD meshes for high density midpoly modeling

1 Like

There is also Boolean Cleanup (MESHmachine):

But it looks like it works with cutted geo only.

1 Like

I would probably not do it as a modal, so for “boolean cleanup” type of workflow, you’d have to wait until machine gets around to it. But for general use, a similar specialized merge-by-distance tool (which is what it is more or less) could be nice. i’ll investigate.

3 Likes

Hey Kjell, I have an idea/request.
Could you add an “Add vertex” option that works like “Direct Loop Cut” but add on edge only vertex on mouse pointer?

@Kiellog, aaaand wanna ask also -is it possible to create “scale to zero” option?

for now i mostly use another addon with pie menu (for determine axis) but it only works in global space, or my own macro made for mouse (Ke axis scale+0+enter - video)
2022-03-22 09-06-03.mkv (4.3 MB)

Yes, adding to the list.

1 Like

I dont see the need. Got all the bases covered as far as i am concerned ;>

https://artbykjell.com/wiki.html#psnapalign

1 Like

yep i use your normal scale a lot, TY for it! but wanna mention that cursor scale lacks of axis choosing like in this situation

and V and H scale works only in global space but doesn’t in view orientation

anyway if you think its unnecessary options - plz, don’t take care. i have own solution for my needs. just proposed if you might be interesting in…

Kjell, can you check ZeroScale Normal?
I couldn’t achieve the same result with an edge as it’s shown in your video: