KIT OPS 2 Now Shipping

Some people don’t want to change their prefs and startup file. Your point is a good one for Mac users as they have a difficult time with the portable version.

Loading factory settings doesn’t change anything, unless you save the prefs and/or the start up file after the reset.

1. Load Factory settings
  2. Enable addon
  3. See if the bug in question can be reproduced
  4. Restart Blender with all the old settings still in place.
1 Like

Hmmm, really? Didn’t know that. Good to know!

I did have one user who was using an old startup file and Blender wouldn’t even launch. He told me it was because of KITOPS. Of course it wasn’t. He was really committed to keeping his startup file…

FWIW, it Factory Resets have gotten a lot more dangerous now, that prefs are auto-saved. And it doesn’t help that the setting is hidden away in a menu as well.

What I’ve described above now only works, if you do this:

• Load Factory settings
  • Enable addon
  • DISABLE AUTO-SAVE PREFS
  • See if the bug in question can be reproduced
  • Restart Blender with all the old settings still in place.
2 Likes

Seems that I have the same Problem like Piotr.
I have done a fresh Install as adviced and when i click “Insert” i get an errormessage.

I got my Version from Blendermarket kitops-2.8-1.13
and the Blender Version is from today.
Any Ideas?

I think you better use a slightly older build. There was a update related to depsgraph in Blender that broke quite some addons. A few other major addons have an update for that.

Yep, a (hopefully) final update to the Blender API broke a bunch of addons. We’re working on getting everything fixed. Blender May 15 version was the last that worked correctly.

1 Like

Thx, i will look after this Version. Will you post here when you have solutions Mr. Chippwalters?

Same fixes here should solve this issue. I´m too lazy to look into it myself right now :stuck_out_tongue:

@ theApe: I dont know how to handle your fixes. To low knowledge.
I tried it with the Blender Version May 15 in fresh install but no luck.
I recognized also similar errormessages with boxcutter.

Dont know what to do.
Sorry, need your help guys

Did you try using a portable version (see above) for the May 15 version (or try May 14).

Yes, i tried it in the portable Version May 15 and got errors

that boxcutter is old btw. Download the latest update and install that one.

Hello masterxeon1001,
i missed the update. After the new installation it worked in the Blenderversion Mai 18 ( addons in user folder) without error. So boxcutter is working again.
Still Problems with KIT OPS and Definitely EVEE Materials in Belnder Version May 19.

Amazing, Thank you !

1 Like

So is 2.8 support broken or not? I haven’t updated 2.8 in about 3 weeks and really don’t want to if things are wonky at the moment.

Asking for a friend. :grin:

@hardwire
it could be a “personal -user or installation Problem” of my Pc-System.
You could try a portable version of Blender 2.8 and report. Than it will be clear.
Instructions abaout portable version are above from chippwalters

I am able to run KOPS on the May 15 version, but nothing later. We’re working on a fix.

Try May 14 or 13

I have tried it in portabe version Mai 10 ( that one i had already downloaded) and i got the errormessage.
So i guess its a personal config problem ?