KIT OPS 2 Now Shipping

Moving the folder worked for me.
Also make sure you have the object you want to boolean selected.

I really like this add-on! Easy to use and so efficient.
Here are some suggestions if you get the chance to have a look:

• Add an option to change Auto Scale default value in the preferences.
  • Add an option to parent the inserts to the selected object automatically.
  • Add a button to replace an insert by another one.
  • Add an option to link an insert, not append it.
2 Likes

Had a little issue with the latest version of kitops and animation nodes in the July build. When working in animation nodes, as it executes context on objects, kitops starts to try and look for selected objects as well. Since kitops doesnt have any objects selected, it has no context for the object attributes and thus throws errors in the console. Since animation nodes executes in ms, you get flooded with console errors and the only way to control this is by disabling kitops.

I am not sure if this is a animation node problem or a kitops problem, but I reported it here because the error is coming from kitops.

Error:

File “C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\kitops\addon\utility\handler.py”, line 85, in depsgraph
insert.select()
File “C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\kitops\addon\utility\insert.py”, line 181, in select
inserts = collect(bpy.context.selected_objects)
AttributeError: ‘Context’ object has no attribute ‘selected_objects’

I have made sure all scripts and blender is up to date.

We’ll take a look into it. IIRC, animation nodes is still beta, correct?

That it is, but as I mentioned I am only getting the error from kit ops. However, doesn’t mean animation nodes is not at fault.

Can Kit-Ops Pro be used as a material asset manager? Thanks

Yes. See here:

1 Like

Thanks chipp. I hope you are doing okay.

Thanks for the kind words. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Chipp:
Thanks for creating an amazing tool; the EVEEE renderings are also amazing. My application is modeling assemblies and training materials. Thus, kit ops could be a very powerful tool for me. I am learning to use the free version now, but would like to know more about the Pro version. For instance, I noticed that even with part selection inside an insert, you cannot animate - say - part of a clamp. Nor can you create vertex groups for a partial selection and subsequent animation. Is this possible in the PRO version?

Again, thanks for your time and I am happy to support by buying PRO if it makes sense for my application.

Jerry has animated parts of inserts using KIT OPS PRO. He has some videos on his YouTube channel.

If you want to edit an INSERT you’ll need KIT OPS PRO. Else you can apply modifiers and edit the meshes directly.

1 Like

Next on my shopping list.

Thank you for your prompt reply. So I did see at least one of those vids you noted. I think I need to play with it a bit and ask a more articulate question.

Thanks again!

Hey just bought the addon!! Like it a lot!
Question:
Is it possible to deform the different objects around a smooth surface to cut things out?

Not sure if this is what you mean…

I made this with Kit-Ops - Still learning

5 Likes

Looks great, love it!

Looks sweet. Nice form detail.

Thanks. Still so much to learn :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey guys, new update for KIT OPS FREE and KIT OPS PRO! Version 1.15. Brand new workflow for Thumbnails and new features for Factory mode. Plus, now all the complex cutters WORK in 2.8! (check out the image below created with only 2 INSERTS!)

New video also:

4 Likes