K'threya, the Blind Priestess

Hi everyone, here the renderings of my latest work. It was a rather long study, not without errors, starting from the idea and research of the design and characterization of the character, up to the rigging of the same, passing through the modeling of the sci-fi elements that act as a background and a research of materials bordering on frustrating. High resolution textures (8k and 4k for the main elements) and materials made up of intricate networks of nodes are the background to a work that has put a strain on my pc hardware. I emphasize, because I think it is important, that I have addressed every single step (sculpting, modeling, shading, post-processing) within Blender, with the help of Photoshop for managing the textures. I imagined a villain character inserted in a decadent fantasy / sci-fi context. The rigging was challenging because the armor and the various tubes continued to penetrate the subject’s body but in the end it was more than enough to allow me to easily collect a substantial series of scenes to render in Cycles at 3000 samples each. I hope to receive your feedback!

112 Likes

Outstanding work! Best I’ve seen here in a long while :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you! Very appreciated!

Simply amazing! :clap:

5 Likes

Undoubtedly excellent. What a project!

3 Likes

really nice work man! so everything done in blender?

1 Like

Too much bumpy over exagerated noise and dirt on all textures and surfaces, makes it look weird and hard to know why surfaces look like that.

But great modeling work.

2 Likes

Great work, congrats. :+1:

1 Like

Spectacular. The concept and execution is very watchable. Her physique is wonderfully unique. It shows a frightening strength. Great work.

1 Like

Beautiful work full of superb details

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

WOW, ahead of time

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Oh, man! Everything looks so organic! The shaders are incredible. This semi-transparent costume is a great idea and it looks so real! Excellent work… :white_heart:

1 Like

Very interesting. Looks a mixture of Giger-like bio-character together with references to classic art - fantasy twisted parts together with ultra-tech items. Remarkable.
The making too, is very good. Heroical that you used Blender for every step. :wink:
Really outstanding. The concept too is quite good.
You should show here around more.

2 Likes

@bartv Thank you very much Bart! :muscle:
@Bartosz_Matynia @kabu thanks men for your analysis and appreciation. :wink:

1 Like

This right here is really amazing! how long did this take? not just the modelling, texturing and rendering, but also just coming up with the idea. This would have taken years for me, my hat is off for you sir.
Good work!

1 Like

This reminds me of the artwork to Curse of the Spawn, if you know it

1 Like

Outstanding!

1 Like