Lamborghini Driving Game W. I. P.

Hi, I’m working on a driving game, and I call it a driving game instead of a racing game because I don’t have a clue on how to get other cars to race me (or you) because I don’t know how other than Python, but I hardly know any Python at all. I made the Lambo, and it drives nice and smoothly. The main problem is making the track and environment. I have the track, but I’m trying to find some nice topology to fill in the gaps between the track (A. K. A., the ground, LOL). Other than the fact that making the ground is turning out to be a painstaking process, it’s going along smoothly.

Here are some pics:

Blender crashed when I was in the middle of taking screenshots for an unknown reason.

I actually can help you on that. I know Python.
I can also help on the enviornment.
Remember to keep it lowpoly.
I recommend baking textures from higher poly environments so it looks more high poly.

You know Python? Well, did I mention exactly what I need Python for? Because I want a way to get other car to race you like in a real racing game, and I think Python might work. I don’t need a high poly environment. I just wanted a flat grassy ground, but I’m having a little (or more like a lot) hard time finding a nice edge flow, and some parts of the tracks go over each other, so I would also have to model bridges for the track. Fortunatly, the .blend is small enough to upload into BlenderArtists!

VehicleFinished.blend (803 KB)

I may help tomorrow. I’m kinda tired to help on something as big as that now…
I may start making a simple AI script for the cars today.

Hey, I’m working on a racing game also, maybe I could help you out :wink: I’ve made tons of city buildings and skyscrapers and signs you can use. (except I don’t plan on making an actual game out of it)

I ran into a bug with my track. I finished the ground (finally!) and after two hours of filling in polygons, I tested the track, and I figured out that Blender crashes when I hit escape after starting the game. And the last time I saved the file was when the ground was only about 60 or 70% done, so I have to fill in another ~400 polys:(. The finished ground will be about 4.5K polys, and the Lambo is about 3K polys, and the road is about 2K polys. So the finished level will have about 10K polys. Is that good?

Added some textures.
Next I’ll make a skydome :wink:
Edit: Blender 246 also crashes for me, 247 apricot doesn’t seem to.

Attachments

YellowLambo.blend (704 KB)

10k seems a lot, but I guess it’s good for a track that big.

Want any buildings, signs, trees, or stuff? I can make some.

Nice textures to the car BD300!

I got this lambo here. If you want it its yours.

Attachments

Wow, it’s awesome. Nice work JESUSFRK.
You could make reflection textures at the glasses :slight_smile:

Umm… I didn’t make that. But I did get the glass/front lights see though.

JESUSFRK14: Nice Lambo, but you didn’t post the link! LOL

I had to go shopping for shoes for school today, because I start 8th grade September 2nd. On my way there, we were at a traffic light, and random cars go by, and all of a sudden, I see a shiney, black Lamborghini Gallardo!!! IT TRUE! I SAW A LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO TODAY! I LOVE LAMBORGHINIS! LOL

Too bad I see Lamborghinis very rarely. I saw a yellow one before I knew the different types of Lamborghinis, and I don’t remember enough detail to recall if it was a Gallardo or Murcielago, but I remember that it sure wasn’t a Diablo. I saw another black Lambo, but only the rear bumper of one. two years later, I haven’t seen a Lambo until I was on my way to SeaWorld were I saw a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo on the other side of the freeway. Then, I saw a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo (and seeing it that day inspired me to make my Lamborghini Gallardo), really up close. And today, I saw a Lamborghini Gallardo.

B3D00: Nice Lambo texturing. But now I finished the ground, so now I have a new ground.

Here’s the current .blend:

VehicleFinished.blend (894 KB)

I can try to make some road textures or textures for anything besides people…and cars…
But just don’t count on me for alot of textures…I am new to making textures…
I looked at the demo…looks good…but i think the road could lose some polys.same with the ground…But hey…looks really good

Guess what lambo? I know someone with a Yellow Lamborghini Deablo. Yes, I do.

He sold his corvette to get it (I like corvettes), but I think it was worth it LOL. I saw it twice, once up close and personal and once on the road. Wow that was cool!

Edit: I updated your file. Here it is, along with the car. http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a0eee0e368d64093ab1eab3e9fa335caa4ad9c96a5826175

dude your lambo mesh is a mess
loos planes open spaces
dude you need to work on that

No, its good, I just tested it. Did you download the newest version?

That car is AWESOME!!!

Yeah, it is lol.

i took JESUSFRK14’s lambo and made it glossy/shiny, i think it looks pretty cool.(it rotates on W)
http://files.filefront.com/Lamborghine1blend/;11650757;/fileinfo.html

if you need any things for the car (fuel, speedometer etc.) try out my .blends here: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=132224

the track looks good, and the car looks great, good luck