Hello fellow blender game engine artists! I am NinjAcademy (pronounced straight through; nin-ja-cad-em-y). This is my first thread with blenderartists. I have been toying with blender for about 2-3 years or so. I don’t have very much scripting experience.
Introducing Lego Infinity Blade! This will be a “portfolio” game and for copyright reasons, nonprofit. I would be grateful for any tips and answers to questions I may have for all the experienced blender game engine guys out there.
- Kid-friendly game (hence the Lego part of it and I like Legos anyway)
- Fun quick gameplay for just a quick fix. (only 5 bosses unlike in the real game)
- Joystick involving will create a more lifelike experience for players.
- Sorry, I’m trying to keep it simple so no saving or customizing. (quick gameplay will make it possible to beat the game in less than 15 minutes)
- more environments if this game is succesful.
Hopefully, this game will be a success and completed by the end of the Summer.
What I’ve done so far:
- created entire enviroment except the God King’s chambers
- created Siris in Lego (including rigging)
- have all Siris’s animations ready
What I need to do:
- create enemies and God King and animations for them
- create gameplay
Questions I have for the blender geniuses:
- If you know what Infinity Blade is and know how the gameplay works, do you think I should have a scene just for the animation intermissions and seperate scenes for the actual fights (there’s only 5 bosses so it wouldn’t get totally crazy in scene numbers)?
- Any possible suggestions or sources for mouse sword-swinging gestures in gameplay for non-joystick users?
Thanks in advance for any help from blenderartists.