Lego Star Wars X-Wing

Denoised, uncomposited and more renders plus extra details and links are available on my website: https://whocompute.com/img/9cfd85

A Lego X-Wing I made. I built the model in LeoCAD, so all the parts are from there. It is based on Lego set #75218, with some modifications as not all the parts in the set were available in the parts library. I exported it, and did some geometry cleanup so I could bevel the edges of the pieces. The material was made by me, with scratch and fingerprint textures from AmbientCG (which is an awesome site btw). Lighting was done by 3 area lamps and a sun lamp. I rendered it at 8192 samples. I didn’t denoise it because I thought it looked better with a little grain.

You can also download it on Unsplash, so feel free to use it in accordance with their terms.

Feedback is welcome.

34 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, Bart!

1 Like

Impressive…
Most impressive… :wink:

</nerd mode off>

1 Like

The top graphic on cockpit window looks a bit off fro some reason, but overall it’s a nice render. I agree on the noise – don’t want it too smooth/perfect.

2 Likes

Agreed, the graphic does almost look like it’s using an emission shader (it’s not, it’s just using the same shader as all the other bricks). I guess it’s just the lighting of the scene.

Thanks for the feedback.

Could you please share the plastic knot, it looks very realistic! Thank you!

Amazing work!

Can you share screenshot of the compositing?

This is a great render. The materials are fantastic!

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure what you mean by “knot”, but if you mean the material that I used, you can now download it on my website:

2 Likes