LeoMoon LightStudio for 2.8x, 2.9x and 3.x

Hello, Yes.

I’m waiting for 2.78 to come out to fix them. 2.77a stable was the last version it worked. There are big changes happening to Blender that has to get finalized.

nevermind…

Hello again.

Just wanted to give you an update on what’s going on with Blender Light Studio plugin. As you may know this plugin does not work on Blender 2.78 and it turns out it’s a bug with Blender. The bug was reported by ziel at the url below:
https://developer.blender.org/T49775

This is kinda sad cuz this plugin was about to get bundled with Blender.

Good news is that there is a newer version on Github now. Please try it out and report the problems here and as always donations are very well appreciated.

Thanks.

Blender 2.78 support has been added thanks to nasty workaround, (@Yura Zenkovsky) scaling limits has been disabled.

So far, leomoon84 has been the main and only founder of this project. Unfortunately development of addons takes time which translates to money. I would like to ask you for donations which would certainly extend time we are able to provide to this project.
We are open to suggestions, yet we need time to implement them. Right now, profile exporter and interactive “light brush” are on our short list.

You can donate to https://www.paypal.me/aminpersia

Thank you for your support and for using our addon :slight_smile:

Hello leomoon84What happened with https://github.com/leomoon-studios/blender-light-studio repository?Why you deleted it?

Just threw some Money at the Donate Link. Would be interested to hear where we is a download link to the working (2.78) Addon Files.

yours
Damir

Sorry, my github account got hacked. I finally got it back.

I’m putting everything back.

For now you can get it here:
https://leomoon.com/projects/plugins/blender-light-studio/

Everything should be mostly back to normal except the commit logs.

I’m glad everything is in working order now. Damir, thank you for your support :slight_smile:

It was never mentioned here, so I just wanted to announce that version 2.3.0 featuring interactive light placement is already up for some time.

thanks for this addon, it has really helped my work for a year now. :slight_smile:

@leomoon84 I tried using the new version and its giving me errors if i try to activate it in my user preferences.

Can you post your error, OS and Blender version?

hi, tested in nightly build, works great.

A couple of questions,
The split view imo was much nicer with the node editor visible also. (Prepare layout)
any particular reason you changed that?

The cyclic dependency error is still there… really it’s no big deal to me personally, I love this addon, it’s great.
Any way you guys can fix this? Please.

My offer still stands, fix the cyclic dependency error & I will do my best to see the addon released with Blender 2.79
Thanks for such a great addon. You guys rock!

this is the error i was getting on my system when i tried activating it in the user preferences. My OS is windows 8.1 pro and my blender version is 2.78a

@Meta-Androcto
We removed node editor from layout because all controls are available in Selected Light panel. We decided that editing node tree is more advanced technique and should be left for user to choose.

Unfortunately, I don’t know how to fix that cyclic dependency.

@Chukx_007
I’m not sure what’s going wrong there… Try these steps:

1. Delete blender-light-studio directory from both C:\Users&lt;you>\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\ and <Blender installation path>\2.78\scripts\addons\
  2. Make sure your addon version is 2.3.0, then unpack zip file directly to C:\Users&lt;you>\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\

Please let me know if it worked.

yeah thanks it worked:evilgrin:

Thanks to Damir Simovski, Krzysztof Czerwiński for their donations. All of it goes towards the development of BLight Studio.

yeah thanks it worked:evilgrin:

Hello,

I have just found BLight Studio and I really like this add-on.

I am currently trying to integrate BLight Stujdio into my workflow. I set up a virtual studio at home which works without any issues. Than I have installed BLight Studio on my office machine which also works without any problems. The problem appears if I try to use files created at home on my office machine. The lights are there, but everything renders in magenta.

Here is a rendering which shows the problem:

The system console gives following error message:

Color management: display “Filmlike” used by scene not found, setting to default (“sRGB / BT.709”).
<!> event has invalid window

Both machines are Windows 10 with Blender 2.78a.

Does anyone have any idea?

I think I know what the problem is. But I have to do some tests. I’ll get back to you soon.