Let It Bee

Playing a bit with Geometry Nodes and Grease Pencil
Blender + Cycles

39 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Excellent job!

One thing though. The sign should say something like “let it honey” instead. Bees wouldn’t be excited about this level of exploitation :wink:

1 Like

Nicely done. What did you use Geo nodes for?

Thanks Jonathan, I used geo Nodes on the majority of the assets except for the exagons, the bees wings, the label on the honey jar and the Daisy (which I sculpted). I should mention that the waffle is inspired by a CG Matter’s tutorial, it was useful to watch it and then try to apply what I learnt from it

2 Likes

Harvesting honey causes no harm to bees, and beekeepers often develop a strong symbiotic bond with their bees. Research has found that bees make more honey for beekeepers they “like”, and it’s a theory (impossible to prove, but observable) that bees enjoy sharing honey with us and may even have a notion of “gratitude” for us providing them safe shelter and taking care of them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll steal most of your furniture in front of your kids every once a while, let’s see how you like it.

And how do you imagine bees befriending their bee keepers? By getting gassed first?

Not even mentioning I read majority of small beekeepers kill their colonies kill over winter, so they don’t have to take care of them. And they just get a new queen for the spring to start over.

It’s a very similar story to meat/dairy industry. They make you believe to those “more humane” stories. But it’s never like that on industrial scale.

You clearly don’t know anything about bee-keeping (and no, YouTube documentaries don’t count), and it’s offensive of you to describe beekeepers as inhumane monsters (especially coming from a place of ignorance). Please educate yourself and stop believing everything you see on the Internet. More importantly, this whole thing is extremely off-topic. How about we all just appreciate this artwork and chill out?

I wasn’t really paraphrasing any Youtube videos here.

I’m of an opinion that if you kill outside of what you, yourself, have to eat/process, then it’s excessive. Plus, you can live healthy life, making a living with hard labor for years, without eating any animal based products all together (my own experience). Exploiting animals on such a scale today is just… Not needed, in my eyes.

If I’m ignorant and there’s something I should know, maybe you could enlighten me instead? Even if in DM? I’m happy to learn something new. If I wasn’t, we wouldn’t be having this conversation in the first place.

Please educate yourself and stop believing everything you see on the Internet.

So, should I believe you, “the internet guy”, instead? So far, it’s the information I consider (for now) to be more valid vs Your opinion.

Research has found that * bees * make more honey for * beekeepers * they “like”, and it’s a theory (impossible to prove, but observable) that * bees * enjoy sharing honey with us and may even have a notion of “gratitude” for us providing them safe shelter and taking care of them

Now, this is a rhetoric “ethical” slave owners used to say too.

I don’t see this off-topic at all. This whole thing started because I gave a genuine feedback to the author. Then you stepped in, carrying on with the conversation I started. And now, because you got offended by (not just) my point of view, you’re calling for a time out.

Topic literally is - bees and honey.

I’ve said my piece and I’m chilled.

And that mosquito just about to suck your blood … live and let live?

There’s a balance to most everything … symbiotic or otherwise.

1 Like

Whataboutism.

Show me a beekeeper that doesn’t use protection suit when entering hive and then we can talk about symbiosis.

Triggered.

Just like wearing mosquito repellent, ha!

Triggered?

Of course I use repellent, as I gain nothing out of parasitic relationship between me and mosquitos. All they do to me is sucking my blood and spreading diseases.

parasitic ≠ symbiotic

Show me a beekeeper that doesn’t use protection suit when entering hive and then we can talk about symbiosis.

As long as we are respectful of that which we harvest … carrots yanked from their sunny fields of growth … honey from bees doing their bee hive thing … etcetera, etcetera … doesn’t matter at all. Not one single bit.

Bee respectful, that’s what matters most.

We all … Eat Life .

We do.

How exactly would I apply geometry nodes and make a scientifically accurate dinosaur? Geonodes can take a LOT of the hassle out of modelling slowly by hand.

You’re confusing respect with domination. If the respect is mutual, you don’t need a protection against the other party.

Trust … is mutual !!!

Bees aren’t stupid … hope you know that much at least … they are free to fly.

The Queen bee can leave at anytime … take her worker bees with her.

But she doesn’t leave … does she?

Time to bee-leave …

What has trust to do with any of this?

To fact check and fill in any possible gaps I might have, I read several reasons why queens and their workers can potentially leave the hive.

None of those reasons included migration of the hive in it’s entirety . Meaning bee queens leave for good only if they’re being replaced by another queen. Not because of hazardous environment.

And it makes sense. If you loose numbers (due to hornets, bears or by otherwise where workers are lost due to stings), you just repopulate/rebuild again. Numbers, honey, other resources.

The same way humans come back to repair everything after tsunami, tornado or any other natural disaster. It’s pointless to keep running/flying away, if there’s always something else out there that can potentially kill you just as easily. You just adapt. Just as bees do, when it comes to intruders.

I noticed you started to use exclamation marks and dots instead of letters. I don’t think that’s a good sign. If you’re happen to triggered yourself now, maybe take a break before replaying again?