Lilac store

HDRI’s and surface textures were taken from free sources. Anything else was created in blender.

105 Likes

The scene itself really nails the gritty Asian street scene while ensuring the shop itself remains clearly visible and unique.

It’s obvious a ton of detailing and texture/shader work was involved, a great entrance into BA.

3 Likes

Outstanding work. Congratulations.

1 Like

Love it! The modelling, details, the colors … fabulous!

2 Likes

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

Amazing lighting and texturing work!

1 Like

Outstanding!

1 Like

I don’t know why but as soon as I saw this image the 1st thing I thought was this looks like it’s in Japan.

1 Like

Wow This is amazing! Did you use a reference image?

1 Like

Really nice image.

1 Like

I love this so much!

1 Like

Yes, of course. No way without ref. I found one artistic photo of main subject, and start searching for environment of anything else, until i like it. Google Street Maps helps a lot.

1 Like

Thank you, Bart. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is still no criticism. Is everything really so good?
It seemed to me a lot of shortcomings in my work. :thinking:

I didn’t think about this, I would also like to look at my work for the first time, as if I had never seen it, but alas, I looked at it for a long and thousand times. I’m glad that you caught the mood of my work. :relieved:

No people seen? Maybe just even peeking out a window?
The bikes looks white? Makes them look unfinished. Maybe it is this way, impossible to say.
Not critique at you, but for the city planning department, placing a pole in the middle of the walkway across the street.

But yeah, excellent work.

1 Like

I basically didn’t do people because I didn’t make them look good. It seemed to me that this is correct, now I think it is better to surpass yourself and try your best, and put people so that the work becomes full-fledged.
A pole in the middle of the walkway is an artistic decision, not a practical and logical one. Without it, it would be too empty, and false concrete would attract attention. :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks for the color of the bike, I would never have thought. Really the last thing I’ll think about.

that’s incredible

1 Like

Yeah, i stared at the 3 images for minutes trying to find some flaws…but i didn’t found anything except maybe the tree’s.
They look a little too much like in a video game for my taste.
If i where in your shoes, i would have put more detailed meshes in the scene, using the excellent Mtree addon.
But that’s just what my artistic sensibility tells me, not real criticism, more like high level nitpicking.

Excellent work, overall.
Here is another high level nitpick:
You made this excellent scene with all these athmospheric and moody light situations, but you kinda left out the obvious one - a night scene (maybe a rainy nightscene).

1 Like

Thats is some sstunning modeling and sgading. So many parts and objects. Do you have the real references as well?

1 Like