Living Mechanics

yeah, you could do that.

Martin

I updated the rules by adding the voting categories and technical awards.

Martin

?!?!?!?!?!
What time zone? I know, picky, but this is really confusing. If someone in Australia submits at 9:00, but you guys have a time zone 7 hours ahead of it, the person won’t have their deserved recognition because you guys were too confusing. (Rolls eyes due to confusing himself!)

To expand on the problem of armatures, suppose we had it nailed down to a surface, but it could move at the mesh point things (forgot the name). Would this be considered “technically stupid?” Suppose we had one thing that also was nailed down, but could shoot lasers somehow? I’m just asking about things that are technically “chickening out,” aren’t I?

Hmm… let me guess… “You’re not very willing to do armatures? Just LEARN HOW TO USE THEM!” I’m trying!

just send your entry on the 28th, you won’t miss the deadline that way

To expand on the problem of armatures, suppose we had it nailed down to a surface, but it could move at the mesh point things (forgot the name). Would this be considered “technically stupid?” Suppose we had one thing that also was nailed down, but could shoot lasers somehow? I’m just asking about things that are technically “chickening out,” aren’t I?

I’m not even sure I can understand your question, so… :-?

Martin

theeth, you suck at bbcode, just look at your quotes…tsk tsk

errrr… oh well, now it’s fixed.

Martin

let’s all give theeth a hand…(clap clap clap) :smiley:

hey, is this thread dead or something, i want to see some results! :smiley:

Look at the ‘WIP’ thread :slight_smile:

Stefano

i noticed…hrm…i know im dumb

4 Entries must be in a JPEG format, in a resolution not more than 800 x 600 ( like animations, you can submit larger pictures, but judgement will not be based upon them).

thats a lil confusing… OF COURSE im gonna submit a larger picture, lol… so why say it must be no bigger than 800x600 then turn around and say u can submit larger images?
anyhoo, could u remove the dimension limit for the picture? i mean, its living MECHS, and mechs have alot of detail, a small limited picture size wont do justice to small details at all… and theres a kb size limit anyways, so pleease remove size limits, thats an order =D

-chris

no, I’ll keep the size limit that way, but I’ll explain the meaning of the rules a little better:

The official picture you submit must not be bigger than 800 * 600 with a 300 K limit on the file size. The official picture is the one voters will see first.

However, you can, if you want, make other kind of material available(picture of the mesh, picture of the armature, animation, …), not hosted by the contest. This additional material will be used by the judges (I’m putting a list together as we speak) for the technical awards and can (meaning “facultativly”) be used by the voters.

I hope that was more clear.

Martin

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSE!!! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
800X600 is so small… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

how come u decided on 800x600?

hmm, wait, i guess with the extra material i can add, i could link to a bigger version right? that sounds good if im right =) cya

hmm, wait, i guess with the extra material i can add, i could link to a bigger version right?

sure, you could even have closed up shots of the details if you want.

Martin

awesome =) thanks alot for clearing this up

Imgranpaboy: Ack - so you’re going to swoop in at the end and clobber us all with your mad skillz, eh? Curse you. Your weekend challenge stuff rules. I’ll hate to see what you can with two months…

BTW, saw your entry on irtc. Good luck.

BTW, saw your entry on irtc. Good luck.

oh crap, i thought i read through the rules but i musta missed the part about the creation time must be within the two months given… someone suggested i should enter that pic in the contest so i did… meh, its over with now =)
i love the ignorance of some people that assumed i tried to sneak in an old pic and that i knew it wasnt allowed… then again, my ignorance played the part of me not knowing its allowd =D lol
while the creation time rule remains, i could have made an entire picture out of pre-made downloaded models and it would have been lagit… weird how that works :wink:

anyway, harkyman, your spider rules! im not sure if im gonna finish mine in time or if i even want to but u can see a wip here http://spevack.net/blengine/art/beefedup3.jpg

good luck to u!

when the deadline is over, I strongly suggest that the entrants post there .blend file (I could host them on a server here, momentarily) so to make the juries job easier for the Armature Technical award. Also, I think it would be a great learning experience to learn from other peoples work.

Martin

You don’t want to know how big they are :stuck_out_tongue:

Mine would bring my web account to its quota limit even if I delete all the rest of my stuff… but if you insist in hosting it…

… what I am afraid of is that oll the glitches due to stupid Blender handling of tracking will become apparent…

Stefano

since it’s only for the armature, you could scrap everything from the blend except the mesh and the bones (delete the materials, textures, environement, …). I know it can be a big job in some case, that’s why it’s only a suggestion, not a rule.

I’ll set up a dummy e-mail address here on our school server, than you could send them there.

Martin