Lizard | Podarcis Sicula

Hey Blender Heads, here is my demo render of the Podarcis Sicula Lizard.

I really love reptiles and this specie I see every day here in Italy, it’s something that I really can’t get used to, absolutely fascinating! :eyes:

I already tried to recreate this lizard a few years ago, but wasn’t really happy with the result, so decided to redo it better with the skills I have right now…and here is the result :smiley:

The process was: Sculpting - retopology- baking - texturing - rigging. Everything done in Blender.

Once the lizard was ready I just took a couple of plants from blender kit and created this scene! :slight_smile:

I personally am pretty happy with the result… Hope you like it too ! :slight_smile:

If you are curios to know more about the project, here you will find some breakdowns:

146 Likes

Really nice all around work!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Wow! Excellent work and attention to detail

1 Like

Thank you so much ^^

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Yaaay thank you, Bart! :smiley:

1 Like

This is really nice! May I ask, how did you do the scales? Every time I try to sculpt scales using alphas, they end up either looking too regular, overlap in places, or have “holes” in places where the alpha did not fit anymore. Would you share a tip?

1 Like

Hey, thank you! I actually had same problems as you. For this reason in some parts instead of using alphas I drew scales shapes with a mask and then simply used a draw brush.

1 Like

amazing work

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Wow, amazing work and level of detail! :slight_smile:
Maybe a stupid and maybe irrelevant question from a beginner, how did you realize the (dust?) particles in the air? As particle system?

1 Like

Loving the detail and the realism! Loving also the natural colors. Amazing work Masha!

1 Like

Hi, Like the details you gave. Awesome!

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you so much Bart! :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

Hey, thank you :slight_smile: it’s actually a cube with some particles scattered with geometry nodes.

Thank you so much Budee :slight_smile:

Thank you :blush:

Very nice work and detail :wink:

1 Like