Loft style living area

Really great work, but that ghost is so out of place and jarringly awkward. ; - )

1 Like

Well, it’s busy – very busy – and I don’t think I would hire the electrical contractor … :wink: … but the idea of including a motion-blurred image of the owner is very original and you did it very well. Her body’s blurry but – critically – her face is sharp.

Everything about the set design, props, lighting, and so-on is “absolutely there,” and it well deserves to be featured.

Nice work… A few things I might change if it were mine: One, the person looking at the camera – it is a little creepy (to me) but most of the archviz images I’ve seen, the people aren’t looking directly at the camera.

The second thing is a few of the light cords seem to be hanging low, where they might touch a person’s head if they don’t duck.

Lastly, the pillow on the left looks like it might be burnt – hard to tell if that’s a pattern or not… But good work overall. I’m a newbie to Blender but have been looking at archiviz artists for inspiration. Keep going!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your reply. It is a portfolio project inspired by a real project so… the electrician must have done his best :wink:

Thanks for your reply. I totally agree about the character. I think my mistake is to make her come out of the visual when she should have gone into!

For the cords of the light, may be it is a perpective effect i think (because i have respected the original).

I wanted to respect the original cushion but I struggled with its texturing. I should have gone for other colors / materials.

Thanks for your feedback, it is very helpful!

1 Like

I agree with you on the character. For me she should have entered the picture and not left it
Thanks for your feedback, very helpful

For me the blur is not the problem. I think my mistake is to make her come out of the visual when she should have gone into!
Thanks for your feedback !

For me, the blur is the problem. Who else other than archviz uses this blurry person trend so heavily? I flipped through over 30 magazines in the grocery story the other day, all different catagories, and did not see more than 10 uses of motion blur, and they all looked good and usually were the focal point of the image compared to the blurry people I see overused in archviz renders.

1 Like

Yes, the blur is absolutely the problem. This ham-fisted attempt at moblur is so shockingly bad that it becomes the main attraction (and certainly shouldn’t, because otherwise it is a nice render). This is why I called her a ghost up above, but i think that Christian did not get what I was implying…

@norka I think I understood. Sorry this upsets you so much.

@thinsoldier i used a ghost character in this archiviz picture because… it was a request made to me (to accentuate the scale of the room). It was the first time i used this technique so… (@norka ) let me time to learn :slight_smile:

I mean no offense. Just the other day I argued with a professional about the same thing.

No problem, of course :slight_smile: I totally agree with you : perhaps we don’t have to follow the trend but to do the trend!

Yes there are so many options for people in a scene, so I understand.

The great thing about creating in 3D is we can change things at any time (unless it’s a client and they really want something in there).

Just curious, how long have you been into Blender/3D?

Good question. I started 3D with SKETCHUP in ??? 2016. To help a friend in a shipping container project. But SKETCHUP was to limited. So i decided to learn a “big” 3D software. And then, by chance i discovered BLENDER. In december 2017. 2.79 version :slight_smile:

Sounds familiar – I learned Sketchup just enough to do a tiny home layout. It’s good for quick layouts for me, but I wanted to see what a real 3D program was like. :slight_smile:

Hello @mikedub In my opinion, sketchup was too limited for the curves shapes. But when I discovered BLENDER, what a surprise to find much more than a great tool: the open-source spirit! I think the open-source culture is the best thing the web has produced and I find that BLENDER is an ambassador of this spirit.
BLENDERARTISTS.ORG and all the stuffs linked to @bartv are in this mindstate and I am really proud to be part of it (even if I would like to come here more often!!!)

1 Like

I haven’t used sketchup for curve stuff – only for quick builder/architect type things. Yep, Blender is a whole different world (one which I like much better!) but I’m still learning… The only thing about Sketchup that I can’t do yet in Blender is how it lets me do quick automatic snapping of pieces together (without changing any settings)… I know I can do same things – I guess maybe I’m still just learning and not fully used to the feel of Blender quite yet… But I’m forging ahead. :slight_smile:

Side note: the snapping in Blender is wonky for me sometimes. Sometimes the edge snap doesn’t work – it snaps to wrong edge, even though I’m zoomed in the viewport to only a few edges. Maybe I’m overlooking a setting, but anywhoo, I’ll look into it on the correct help area soon…

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #interiorarchitecture category! You can vote for it here.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I had some health problems and I had not seen your message. I am very honored

1 Like