M30 Residence

Interiors for M30 Residence
Interior modeling and visualization for a private residence, located in the center of Turin, Italy

Working with the owner we started from the existing apartment and using 3d graphic to create different layout proposals and furniture solutions.

The whole work process has been realized with blender with a small part of postproduction in Photoshop.

I hope you like it, if anyone wants I appreciate advice to improve my future projects.

On Behance you can see other jobs i’ve made like this

49 Likes

Could you say something more about light setup and floor shader?

Sure!
The floor tiles are a procedural material mixed with wood textures taken from AmbientCG.
About lighting I used a sky texture as ambient light with square area lamps in front of the windows, in some cases there are also lamps in the scene with a blackbody node to manage the light temperature.
I hope I was helpful!

4 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thank you!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Usually i don’t look too much at architectual images (but i know how much work the are… )
It’s just a personal… whatever… (mostly to unlively…if you know what i mean…)…

…this one… well… ( i think i have to look more into this …:wink: )

Just one thing: no curtains…?? Of course if this is modeled to see how the furniture could be placed and together with the client… for me (again … just personal…) the walls are a bit too empty… maybe even something (small ?) at the windows… like a dreamcatcher or just someting hanging from the top bar above the window…

to make it short… NICE…

Nice work. Well done!

About furniture, did you modelled everything? Or do you used some 3d library? Or a mixed solution?
About the images you posted, the last I don’t like too much is the fifth… that lamp structure in front of the camera kills the composition…
Except this, nice work!

Hi, thank you for your point of view, I appreciate very much.

In agreement with the client and the architects who took care of the interior design some details have been omitted, such as the curtains.
This is because the architectural project was still in draft and there were still many things to define. In modern apartments it is customary to hide the curtains behind a part of the suspended ceiling but in this case the ceiling had not yet been defined, in fact you will see that the same room has two different ceilings in two different renders. So we decided not to put curtains also to the advantage of showing the openings of the room well to possible buyers.
Regarding the walls are covered with a boiserie, in reality if there is a boiserie it tends not to fill it too much with other accessories

2 Likes

Thank you!

There is a mixed solution, there are models that I downloaded directly from furniture companies with models that I modelled myself.

About the fifth picture I agree with you :slight_smile: , I realized too late the mistake, I should have removed that part or go back with the camera to take also the base of the lamp. But I think you’re right and I was hoping someone would notice!

1 Like

Probably using the near clip plane will help you to hide the vertical bar and save the opportunity to have the lamp on the top part of the image.
In any case, just a minor thing.

Minor things make the difference! :slight_smile:
Thank you!!

1 Like

The only thing I’ve noticed that hasn’t been pointed out is the stretching of the textures on the couch and armchair. I was looking at the second image. You can remedy that with the UV squares addon as well, as that aligns your uv map’s edges, so any stretching occurring after would also be the result of the fabric actually being stretched. Also, some seams would do good.

Neither of the things is super noticeable when looking from afar but become pretty jarring if you look closer.

Thanks for the advice I’ll go see the addon you mentioned.
About the armchairs I admit that I missed it, but for the sofa you’re right, unfortunately when I work on these projects I always have little time available and I can’t take care of the details as I would like. Anyway thank you, next time I will try to give more attention to these details, I really appreciate! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

Great, Thank you!! :heart:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article for this stunning artwork!

Do check out this article, written by the artist himself. It describes the step-by-step process of creating the artwork and provides insight into architecture visualisation in Blender.

Regards,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation | LinkedIn

2 Likes