MACHIN3tools

Much appreciated sir, for this amazing addon and great update.

1 Like

Hi, is it possible to sync focus mode on both layout workspace and UV editing workspace? I switch between these workspace a lot while unwrapping. So If Iā€™m in focus mode on higher level in one workspace, I have to go out of focus mode to switch workspace then focus again. Too much work :grin:. Btw love your addon :heart:

I tried this and it failed. I have no explanation for why it wouldnā€™t work. Must be a deeper Blender limitation. Or maybe I should try again with 3.0 now.

Oh! It seems complicated than it looks I guess then.
Hope 3.0 might work

When using the Cursor to Selected command in the Cursor Pie, would it be possible to align the rotation of the 3D Cursor to a Curve Point?

Possible, yes. Currently I only really support mesh objects though.

1 Like

As it has come up repeatedly now, Iā€™ve added a section about the Workspace Pie and how to customize it in the docs:
https://machin3.io/MACHIN3tools/docs/workspace/

3 Likes

DeusEx is going to get group gizmos.
This is not intended to replace rigging, but itā€™s a helpful tool set for blocking and for rig-less posing while a design is still evolving.

11 Likes

well technically rigging is not need for cases like this is hard surface, but only if you need some advanced constraints and smooth bend deformation, and unless you need to keep the origin at the same placeā€¦

There is no need for rigging in hard surface? What?

2 Likes

this type of thing doenst need rigging, nope of course you need rigging in hard surface (but in this is not necessary to use bone system, instead the way you did it), but depending the case, for example a spring objectā€¦

What do you mean by ā€œthis type of thingā€?
Iā€™m using cubes and simple groups to show the idea. This can be applied in the same way to a complex robotic leg assembly, where you would get instant, flexible controllers, with easily adjustable rotation origins, while the design is still evolving, just by building your group hierarchy.

I have no idea what you are on about.

3 Likes

this type of simpler cube object, or simpler mechanical things as well, that dont require bone rigging setup but only a more basic controller like yours based :upside_down_face:, also does that change the origin of the object or it creates some parent (an empty for instance) for a custom origin for the controller?

Hey @Machine thanks for all the updates for 3.0!

I was wondering, could your implementation of Screen Cast Keys also support a fading HUD for the operators on the left? Suppose I activated a command 10 seconds ago, I would like to be able to have it fade away after a certain threshold. Other than that, I really like your take on the UI, itā€™s very clear.

P.S. When I activate the Screen Cast Keys from the Saves Pie, it activates Edit mode for me on the last selected object.

1. But it fades already? Or do you mean time based? Then no, I wonā€™t do that.
  2. It doesnā€™t change mode for me and I have no clue why it would for you. The tool isnā€™t doing this.
1 Like

Greetings @MACHIN3 ! I just recently purchased your product on blender 2.91 and have since downloaded 3.0. Can you tell me what the best way to ensure that my plug in is up to date? I just wnat to streamline this process to ensure that I am running the latest version of blender. Thanks!!

You can see the latest version in the docs, at the very top: https://machin3.io/MACHIN3tools/docs/

And you can find the supported Blender versions further down in the installation instructions.

This info is also available on the gumroad and blender market product pages, and I send out emails for each update. Beyond that, twitter is the best place to keep up to date.

Okay great. So I can just follow you on twitter for the latest update. When updating what is the procedure? Do I just download the latest version and then manually install each time?

15 Likes

@MACHIN3 I was going through your solenoid tutorial (thank you so much for this btw) and I noticed I am not getting the bevel at the intersection here like you might expect. Can you help me with the reason for this? Thanks!!

1 Like