MACHIN3tools

I’ve never made such a tutorial.

oops lol. sorry

Amazing tool! :astonished:
Small feature request for ToggleSmooth tool - would be cool if it works with multiple Subd modifiers (in cases when first Subd modifier with Use Creases option and second Subd modifier without creases).
Thank you!

1 Like

maybe you meant masterxeon XD

nice work, so basically a destructive extrude with edge/face constraints…

Will “Punchit” be a context sensitive extrude? Meaning if it doesn’t touch other geometry to carve out, it will add to existing geometry (like a regular extrude)?

@MACHIN3

Would it be possible to implement Ctrl+F (isolate/local view) functionality to work in edit mode? Keybind F to focus works in both object and edit modes, but Ctrl+F currently only works in object mode.

1 Like

It’s possible but it would be a bit ugly I think. The mesh constantly changes while you edit it, so I can’t keep references to verts, edges or faces unless I mark them using custom data layers, which I generally try to avoid. That said, Sergey seems to be using them successfully, so maybe I shouldn’t be so distrusting of them.

1 Like

Ah, well I’m new to Blender, so not much of an advanced user. I was happy to find this addon gave a quick way to focus/isolate compared to numpad navigation. As a possible temporary solution, having a button that toggles blenders isolate in the view pie menu could be handy.

13 Likes

It looks reeeeeally good! :star_struck:
Сan this tool snaps to geometry during extrusion?

And numeric input for holes, windows, doors, walls … :slight_smile:

If you are as lazy as I am, you will like this. Punching with incomplete vert/edge selections.

13 Likes

You big tease :wink:

I think having Edit Mode “Isolate” would be really useful also (but if Machin3 thinks implementation could be ugly, I believe him). I second MACHIN3’s suggestion to check out Zen Sets, so you might take a look and see if that suits your style. It quite closely mimics the ZBrush “poly groups” workflow, so if you’ve any familiarity with that, you’d find yourself right at home.

1 Like

better than polygroups, it stores verts, and edge selections something you couldn’t do properly with vertex groups… though i haven’t test this addon yet, but i have used this one at the moment Forgotten tools

I became a happy co-owner of this addon. I’m using blender 3.0 and here (Cursor and Origin Pie) there is no “to select” option. Maybe I’m the only one with this problem, but I’d be happy if you could tell me what to do to get it back

It’s called to Face in face mode, as it will work slightly differently whether you are in vert, edge or face mode. Same for the origin.
Also, check out the tooltips.

1 Like

I really like to use collection pie menu and I hope you will improve it a bit - to be able to do the same functions as outliner buttons to change visibility and selection of the collections right in a pie menu, without using outliner:

Have you tried the “Collection Manager” plugin that appears to now be rolled into the default Blender 3.0 installer (disabled by default)? This isn’t to override your suggestion regarding MACHIN3tools (I use them every day, except for collections pie at present), but to recommend that you may find the rather comprehensive “Collection Manager” suits your needs.

1 Like