Zen Sets is an add-on for creating and managing Selection Sets of mesh Elements. Save the selection of Verts / Edges / Faces to bring it back whenever you want, modify it, and display it by color in a couple of clicks. Meet true Selection Sets for Blender!
- Sets and Parts. Two Modes can be applied for all the Elements (Verts / Edges / Faces). Sets Mode (each Element can belong to different Groups) and Parts Mode (each Element belongs to only one Group).
- Display System that helps find and select each Group by displaying it by color in the viewport.
- Zen Sets Workspace Tool for fast switching between Elements Modes. It also provides a simulation of Zbrush Polygroup behavior for Selecting and Hiding Groups in Parts Mode.
- Import / Export Zen Sets Groups to native Vertex Groups, Face Maps, Vertex Colors, and vice versa**.**
- Auto Groups Operator to create Groups automatically from linked faces.
- Create Objects from Groups Operator. Divide mesh into Objects using Zen Sets Groups.
- Assign Materials to Groups Operator.
- Possibility to use Zen Sets Groups by external operators. Implement Zen Sets for your own pipelines.
- Quick Support on the Discord channel.
How to install and use Zen Sets (v1.0)
What are the advantages of Zen Sets in comparison with native Vertex Groups / Face Maps?
- Zen Sets has Parts and Sets Modes to provide a wider choice of Element Groups. Vertex Sets, Vertex Parts, Edge Sets, Edge Parts, Face Sets and Face Parts Groups.
- Zen Sets can display each Group by color in Viewport.
- Zen Sets has statistics about how many Elements contain each Group.
- Zen Sets has multi-object support.
- Zen Sets has quick access to each Group.