MACHIN3tools

Did I ask to fix it? Ha?

‘This is more or less just an info on an issue from an upcoming blender version.’ as I stated above!

Thanks for your comment. (Don’t read just the things you wanna hear)

nuff said

my wording was very specific for a reason i said “support”.

Nothing but the issue and a “Thanks in advance” implies you are expecting something favorable for you to be thanking him.

so if i did assume incorrectly about your intentions that is not my issue.

I’m not attacking you here was just telling you how most devs work in terms of addon timelines,
as for machin3 products he typically likes it when you go through the correct channels because it goes to some internal issue tracker and he can also make sure he is giving support to his customers not pirates.

What it ‘implies’ to you doesn’t matter here. What’s written is important.
If I want it to be fixed I’ll write it down, clear. Not what you ‘imply’.

He knows me as a customer. And I know the channels. So who are you - the forum police!?

I was mislead by another issue, to post it here in the wrong spot , but to the same people behind it.

I gave this info to let him know and looking forward to this issue when he is on blender 3.1 -3.2 versions.
As usual.(Hard Ops Thread - #3738 by masterxeon1001) + read his answer to it please !

So what’s your intend here !

It’s off topic because this is the MACHIN3tools thread.
It’s ridiculous because 3.1 is still in beta and not supported either, as per the requirements section.

Bingo.

2 Likes

then because of that “ridiculous” that makes sense now

So why you say ‘thank you…’ in the other post. (Hard Ops Thread - #3738 by masterxeon1001)
Is also for 3.1 and 3.2. Must be the same then.

Posting it in the wrong thread was my mistake, lead by something else.
And no ‘BINGO’, I wasn’t expecting this, or did I say so.

So together: I posted an issue in the wrong thread, lead by wrong naming of a popup, saying I found this issue in those versions. Nothing else.

If you don’t wan’t the info on those issue posts for those upcoming versions, you can say it in the first place.

And for the last time: I didn’t say anything about support or fixing it. I reported an issue !!!

Thanks in advance

I am not masterxeon. Why would I have 2 different accounts? Our names aren’t even similar.
Why are we still wasting time on this nonsense. Get back on topic please.

You are weirdly agitated by me expressing the idea of supporting alpha software as being ridiculous - which I have done many times in the past. Also, there is no need for insulting my mom lol, wth.

2 Likes

That would be a nice Patreon perk IMO :smiley:

1 Like

Yep, that’s part of the plan.

Good to know, makes the reactions understanable.

I’m not talking about alpha support here.

Hey!
Question about cursor positioning.
Usually I used to select vertex then shift+s and I set cursor to vertex position. Recently, after updating to Blender 3.0 setting cursor to vertex position changes also the rotation of that cursor which leads to pivot/object origin being rotated as well. Any idea how to switch that off? Deusex 0.8.0 version
Thanks in advance!

This is a not new behavior at all, it was like this from the beginning. Check out the tool tips.

Hey just a question: You mentioned groups in your post. Does that mean you adding something like what GroupPro to Machin3 tools? And if when do you think you do release that?

@RobertLe The answer can be found in this thread, the grouping in Machin3tools is about parenting objects to empties with several options for the empties and mappable shortcuts for selecting the ‘groups’, it is already there since 0.8 IIRC. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnPjigw29r8

thanks. Was curious if it has selection logging for object inside groups. I will download the new version and check it out.

Can you clarify?

With the current tooling it’s very easy to select all objects of a group, optionally recursively.
I plan to document the entire group tool set for the upcoming 1.0 release.

As Hologram pointed out, the group tools have been present for a little over a year now. The 1.0 DeusEx release will add group gizmos however. It’s currently available as pre-release on patreon.

This robot hand was specifically built to take advantage of the group tools, as well as serve as promo imagery for the PUNCHit addon

There are more recent group gizmos videos on youtube.

6 Likes

I just refer to a way to block objects in a group, also know as uplinking. So if you select an object in a close group it will select the group item. Except the group is open, then you can select the individual object in the group. Some using also a bounding box around all objects to make selection easier. And then there is of course instancing of the objects inside a group etc. But I have to look into your tool first… I just have to find a way to adjust the shortcuts to my layout…

Do you mean locking, instead of logging?

There is no such thing in my empty based grouping, all objects are always accessible. And while objects themselves can be instanced, groups can’t. Although I plan to address this in future.

Yes sorry. locking is correct. Well, good plan!