Macro facial renders (100% Blender)

great job!

Amazing detail!

Thanks for the very extended answer!

Dang! I kinda dislike the 3.0 version if im honest, ist that due to CyclesX

He looks older, the hair looks different. As you said the lights as well, not sure that causing it. It looks like the hair shader is acting different as well.

PS did you also happen to checker render times? Quite curious how CyclesX is compared to 2.93 with this scene

Blender 2.93 4:57.13
Blender 3.0 3:37.73
Blender 3.1 Alpha 2:05.45

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to do that.

LOL - add it up. Including switching builds, maximum 15 minutes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow. Super nice. It’s amazing how far CGI has come since the early days. This is excellent work. Can’t wait to see some animation…

1 Like

That was the most advanced human face i’ve ever seen!

1 Like

and also Human Progress - #1349 by ChrisJones

LEGENDARY nostalgia! Wow I feel like I first encountered this in like 2004? I’m not saying I cracked 3dsMax7 to study at home, but if I did I’m glad we don’t have to anymore! :wink:

I should look it over again and apply Blender. :smiley:

Can we get a Cookie course on this next? Been using Blender for years and still have no idea how to do this thanks. LOL
(Only half-kidding. Artist identity development really feels like a highdive-as-a-swimming-lesson kind of situation.)

In all seriousness, congratulations on this absolute wonder of a course. I can just feel the passionate details in each render and I can tell you really put your heart into this. It’s instantly going to be in every “Best Blender Courses Ever” list, and no doubt you’ll have mindblowing artists of tomorrow saying “Kent’s Human course is still relevant today, I first learned from it in 2022!”

Simply having access to this level of pro knowledge changes the world.

I’m willing to bet dollars to (rendered)donuts this is more comprehensive than top university courses on the subject. I haven’t even started yet and I simply can’t imagine a more complete resource for learning everything about everything about recreating the human face.

Ok, fanboyish gushing aside: This course changes the game for democratizing pro-level digital artistry. I hope it substantially funds yourself and CG Cookie for the next decade at the very least. :slight_smile:

PS: Your character workshops in the past first taught me to sculpt without fear. I love the process now and refer back to those workshops often!

2 Likes

Very nice Kent,GL

Hi dear Kent,
It’s been a while since you shared any artwork here.
I would like to see your return and your artwork here.
Best Wish, Ali :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :blender_logo_64_png: :hibiscus: