Maritime Downloads - Sailing Ships and Coastal - Section 2

02maryport some texture repairs and next will move on to route 3 for the coastal steamers. Also added extra ship at pretend shipyard. They were launched sideways I think as river narrow at side of docks. I won’t add a screenshot as similar to previous.
02maryport20022020.zip (4.3 MB)

Maryport due to texture problem when uploaded version 3 should complete it. Also decided to add close up. Key 1 opens the dock gates and starts the vessel movements. It will pause for a few mininutes a few times on route02maryport20022020.zip|attachment (4.3 MB)

Shows a close up of vessel passing through dock gates.
B

1 Like

Three harbours/docks in the one route.
Workington, Harrington, Whitehaven.
No screenshots as these have been shown before I think with the sailing ships. This route is the screw drive steam-ships.
There are 6 differnt ship tracks.
3 in the distance destinaton docks.
1 at Harrington in docks.
2 at Whitehaven includes a coastline run, and other manoeuvers in and and out of docks.

03workington01steam.zip (4.0 MB)
About 19 steamships including static.
4 megabyte download including textures.
B
Whether I will continue with steamships I have no idea as alternating between steamships and sailing ships.
I really prefer sailing ships and the past ages and bygone times as the steamships need more complexity in the surroundings for any realism.

I think a ‘stock-taking’ pause to put the sailing ships routes into coastal order and decide what to keep or remove. Many are just basic terrain with drivable ship. As interest seems nil almost, I don’t need scenarios. floating static and drivable OK,
not sure on preset routes as they probably are a waste of time also and I don’t need them, etc. Just an update as there will be a pause. B

I need to alter the set-up of these routes and I am thinking of starting a new page under blender game engine work in progress 2.79b. Removed the zip files off 87 which follow the coastline from Scotland and the Solway Firth around to Lands. I have not altered any on this page as refers just to my computer.

End at the tip of Egland all up to 5 meg and below.
I have listed all on the completed routes/games but some are basic so I think work in progress forum might be more suitable if i continue as regards discussion/changes and making available downloads.

I need to get some order into the routes and go through each one to add/adjust/remake, etc. I could start the wip series with the 3 steam-ship routes then maybe continue with the sailing ships.

Routes will have screenshots etc and all will be under 5 meg so might run on tablets or laptops?

I realise this forum is for completed routes and this post is just a one off. Many Thanks. Barry

I am changing to the work in progress forum to enable discussion if required. Please refer to the work in progress forum.

Thanks Barry

Numerous routes made - considering what to do. To continue First I will need to make a list of all the routes I have made available for download.

There are 58 that I downloaded from completed and work in progress pages, some might be corrections, etc. Also a few still on memory stick, Isle of Man I think and a few others. As things stand, I will probably put further route making on hold for the time being.

I have no idea what to do for the best and if there is any interest whatsoever !?
B

Silence to this post then seems to be the answer so I will forget the completed routes section and return to the w.i.p pages.
The routes I will alter and adjust. No point in making further cargo vessels but you have 3 or 4 routes to download which are cargo steamship vessels. So I will only post on the work in progress section. B

12-03
See coastal pages for coastal basic early cargo versels.
No further sailing ship routes will be made.
Any routes now will be following around the UK as before era maybe 1850 to 1950.
As the routes need harbours building there won’t be as many routes made. Mainly only routes that include ports shown in OpenStreetMap will be in the routes.
All posts will be made on steamships page

Max route size is 5 meg including textures.
B

As this page is becoming very lengthy I think best for me to create a new page maritime downloads -sailing ships and coastal - section 3.

The new page will be in order following along the coast and will include completed routes. Many previous routes had changes. The completed page will only have brief details of the route and if replying just keep to any problems such as not loading or missing textures etc. I will now be posting ONLY on the completed section and not the various pages of work in progress etc. I will not be updating any of the routes except to rectify problems such as not loading, etc as mentioned.Thank you - Barry