schooner ijkl

Portreath
schooner and harbour
34a01portreath27012020.zip (4.6 MB)

1 Like

Lands End Cornwall
tfgh
35a01Lands End.zip (3.7 MB)

As windows 10 is not the easiest system for me to work with , also the changed srtm2 script appears to make it not useable for what I make I think time to stop making new routes. About quarter of coastal UK made, Solway Firth around to the tip of Cornwall, all downloadable and all under about 5 meg.

From now on I will simply work with what is already made, about 40 routes and perhaps making version 2, 3 etc. out of selected routes. Any new different version routes I think I will just make using preset routes and maybe static floating.
B

Falmouth so another step to the Thames Estuary.
schooner ijkl
falmouthgrey
Grey-scale map worked out quite well.36a01falmouth02022020.zip (4.2 MB)

Basic Falmouth version 1

1 Like

So will now consider version 2 of selected routes starting from the Solway Firth. Routes will probably include areas of coast that have no docks or harbours. Also I have to use greyscale to create terrain mesh. If I manage to reach the Thames Estuary the sailing barges have very wide hulls, low in the water and entirely different to the sailing flats. Whether I will make one I will have to consider.

08/02/2020
I removed the Silloth propellor drive steamship route as not working out correctly for some of the features. So it is now all about trying to reach the Thames along the coast and making version 2 of as many of the routes currently available for download. Ships will be sailing-flats, sloops, two masted shooners, very early paddle steamers, eventually maybe 3 mast brigantines and sailing-barges which were popular on the river Thames. Routes I hope will include a variety of drivable or preset routes, floating static, also interactive scenarios
All help of course welcome, but the size of each route must not exceed 5 megabytes including textures (so critique is out). Thanks Barry

P.S PLease lt me know if any of the routes have been run on low end computers, tablets, etc. You need to install initially Blender version 2.79b which has the embedded game engine, from the Blender archives.You do not need to know how to use Blender , but required to open the blend, file which is the route.
B

Solway Firth 01ver2 01ver02solway09022020.zip (4.9 MB)
Details are enclosed in the readme in zip.

preset route and drivable sailing-flat
key1 operates preset route.It will be slow to start.
ijkl for drivable flat.
B

1 Like

Annan Harbour
key 1 sets the 2 vessels in motion and they cross mid-channel.
key 2 starts the distant schooner heading towards Annan pier.
small sloop drivable wasd
Also refer to readme in the zip file.
02annanpreset10022020.zip (2.7 MB)

1 Like

03ver02 Silloth
03ver02silloth.zip (4.9 MB)
key 1 opens dock gates.
one drivable paddle-steamer zxcv
Rescue crewman from half sumberged sailing-flat.
Only the sailing-flat in inner harbour can rescue hime tfgh

B

1 Like

I have replaced the texture on the flour warehouse and made it smaller. Real life it shows at about 5 stories high. However as regards these docks as they were built at different dates I am including the full docks, even if outside there era of up to 1815 approx. Also the previous texture on it was too wishy-washy.

I might have another try at the steamships. A possible answer might be to set the collison box so the rotating propellor is outside the collision box, perhaps where I went wrong as the upper capatains bridge glass in window stayed in place.

I have uploaded an amended version of Silloth version 2 with the flour warehouse half size and improved texture.

silloth03ver2a10022020.zip (4.4 MB)

Open dock gates key 1
Drivable sailing flat to rescue crewman tfgh. inner dock in left corner.
Drivable paddle-steamer, one out of the moored paddle- steamers zxcv.

1 Like

As these routes are dependant on what I make, they won’t be churned out as frequently as before. B

B

Steam-ship era.

So Sollway Firth and Silloth is the first route version 1.
01silloth01steam13022020.zip (4.1 MB)
key 1 opens gates and starts steamship from inner to outer dock
key 2 starts distant steam-ship to its destination in the outer dock.

1 Like

I will complete the Maryport route with just a few preset vessels coastal steamers. etc. Perhaps will upload Maryport today or in a few days.

02maryport04022020steam.zip (4.9 MB)

key 1 opened 2 sets of dock gates and starts the steamer travelling out of dock one into dock 2, about 1500 seconds.

Post amended to change of tactics.

But. With interest almost nil from readers maybe I will change to different tactics of. A few docks and then only if before 1800. 3 drivable sail vessels, sailing-flat, sloop, schooner. Mainly rivers and coast. occasional harbours or jetties. cargoes of barrels or crates, to collect with any of the vessels. The emphasis on this method will be rivers and occasional harbours.

Routes maybe 10km to 20km. Terrain will have to be made with greyscale displacement. Some of the routes aleady made I can reuse. Max. file size below 5 meg.
Usual terms - not for commercial use - use at your own risk.
B

Route 01. Upper Solway
Use the roaming camera to explore route. Drivable sloop,schooner, sailing_flat
wasd, tfgh, ijkl
Scenario collect barrels from sloop using sloop far left.
01a01sailsolway18022020.zip (5.0 MB)

Sailing-flat also at Rockcliffe

1 Like

Next we will skip around the coast back to Liverpool into an era (pretend) up to about 1815. The first dock in Liverpoool was built 1715. There are many castles to build and Ellemere Port I still have to make it upriver on the Mersey built 1795 I think. So will be Liverpool and maybe part of the river Ribble from the river Douglas which is before the Mersey, then around the North Wales coast at least up to Anglesey.

B

Back to the river Mersey as the starting point.
These routes will have to be in small sections except for this starting route. All routes for download will be below 5 meg.
Use at your own risk not for comercial use.
Upload had an error so will re-upload the zip file.01mersey_onward_ver01.zip (3.6 MB)

Obviously at 5meg routes critique is useless except of course from myself. (smile). So not impressed. I think abrout size of 10 to 12 kilometers might be best with 512 size textures instead of wishy-washy 256. I thInk this last route is about 30 km which required the decimate function. B

The cargo vessels on preset tracks I think are the best option after much experimenting.
Silloth starts them off, and version 2 silloth has two ships leaving the docks to the end of the pier. key one opens the dock gates and sets the two vessels on their way.
01silloth02steam19022020.zip (3.5 MB)
Edted to add screenshot

1 Like

Nearly forgot key 2 starts another cargo vessel at the far side of the route. It follows along the coastline turns into the dock and manoeuvers around to face the way out.
So this makes 5 animations. sea rise and fall, dock gates open, 2 ships move to the end of the pier and the key 2 vessel follows along the coastline. I would be interesting to try and get keys 1 to 9 operating a number of animations. B