A quick project just for fun :slight_smile:

95 Likes

Thats a very nice work! :smiley:

1 Like

Nice work. Behind tge scene would be good

1 Like

thank you!

Thanks! Will think about it!

This is quite clever and cool, and very natural looking. I think the depth of field is perfect to convey the size of a small (mechanical) dandelion.

Did you place the… I’m not sure what they’re called, but the parts of the plant that fly away in the breeze, did you place them manually or were you able to use another method, such as a particle system?

1 Like

Thank you so much!
I first tried to put them manually, but soon understood that it will take a lot of time. Recently I learnt about Scatter Addon - it’s already built in Blender, so I tried it instead. It’s pretty simple - you select the object that you want to be scattered and then the object to place it. Press f3, choose Scatter and then just draw the line. All the objects will be placed according to it. You need to activate addon before that in preferences. It also has it’s own settings, once activated you’ll see them in Active Tool and Workspace settings. That’s all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

beautiful! I like that very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

Oh, I’ve heard of that add-on! Perhaps I’ll try it out, it sounds like it could be quite useful when dealing with lots of models in the same scene. Thanks for the tips, Loniel!

1 Like

You are welcome! Waiting for your work then :slight_smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation. Stay safe, and have a great week!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Wow! I love it!
The colors that you used are perfect matching!
Is the BG with bokeh effect a image? Or did you in Blender?

1 Like

Thank you so much! It’s an image I found on unsplash.com, but there is also Depth of field effect on the camera itself, so the image looks more blurry.

Cool! It’s a little hard to get a good bokeh inside blender… I liked the solution and the result that you used!

1 Like

Thank you!

That is sooooo gonna be my next phone wallpaper.
Great work, honestly!
Some questions:

1. Texture way/method you used?
  2. All meshes?
  3. How did you make is spear as the second image? Blendering or image editing in some app?
  4. If it was blendering, would you mind telling me?
  5. Second image, did you use a glass material?
2 Likes

Oh, thank you, I am really glad to hear that.
Here there is only one material - it’s redish copper. On the plane there is bokeh image, that I found on undplash.com.
Everything is a mesh - yes.
Second image is one material render in Blender. It’s super simple - go to Viweport Shading and select Single in Color options. I chose simple grey MatCap. Then go to View - Viewport render image.
No glass materials used.
Hope I answered your questions, feel free to ask more :slight_smile:

1 Like

All answered.
I am but a noob, so bare with me please.

1. What about first image background, where did it come from?
    2.How did you take rendered images, through camera object or from a place in the render or output panel?
1 Like