MESHmachine is a blender modeling addon - created to allow for more flexibility, especially when dealing with rounded surfaces, traditionally created with the Bevel and Bridge tools.[/B]
The initial release provides a number of tools, that work in tandem and outline a modeling workflow, that was previously impossible.
MESHmachine should dramatically increase your flexibility, especially when working with bevels on a geometry level.
NOTE: This first release aims to test the waters, to find out what the larger community thinks and to retrieve feedback as well as uncover edge cases where the tools may fail to work as intended.
- have the latest, stable Blender, 2.79b (other versions may work as well)
- simply install by file, detailed steps are outlined in this installation guide.
NOTE: preview releases are less tested but contain new features.
- in edit mode press the y key to open the MESHmachine menu
- choose Tutorial.blend
- turn chamfers into bevels and back
- unbevel and unchamfer to go back to a hard edge
- change the width of a chamfer or bevel
- change thesegments(and more) of an existing bevel
- resolve tricky geometry overlaps in cases where two bevels meet
- flatten polygons based on another polygon or flatten a polygon based on 3 vertices
- flatten along a normal or flatten along edges
- turn chamfer corner
- convert triangular bevel corners into quad corners
See the documenationfor an overview of and details on all MESHmachine tools.
See this playlist for in depth videos covering the tools of MESHmachine: