MESHmachine

ah yeah i forgot lol, i thought since someone already release their own plugs, so might as well just put it on the store (gonna add desc to wait for next MM update)

[quote=“TAGAPAW, post:265, topic:1102529”]
i thought since someone already release their own plugs, so might as well just put it on the store[/quote]

Mine are published as wel on the store https://www.blendermarket.com/products/plugs-for-meshmachine. This happend since I missed one of the e-mails with info about that. (which I have now). Latest e-mail I have is from On Fri, Jul 13. Not sure if I should have a video about custom plug icons.

Mine are published as wel on the store https://www.blendermarket.com/products/plugs-for-meshmachine 3. This happend since I missed one of the e-mails with info about that. (which I have now). Latest e-mail I have is from On Fri, Jul 13. Not sure if I should have a video about custom plug icons.

Yeah i dont get info about custom plug icons yet too (Latest email is 13 Jul), so i render those manually

Gee, those are nice collections of plugs. It’d sure be nice if we had any way to maybe use them. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hey do you have in plans adding transform normals that respect hard edges? I know that standard normal transfer in Blender doesn’t but from time to time it’s really useful to have hard one.

I delete x and y hotkeys beacuse of my stupid curiosety, now I cant get them back, I try to reset addon or re-install it, but it didn’t work, please help me :scream:

silence before the storm

So, plugs isn’t available yet to mortals?

Oh, this is awkward.

1 Like

it’s available… just not 0.6 since it’s not out, but 0.5

I think you may be referring to which key is used to activate Meshmachine?
If so, there is an option in User Preferences for MechMachine for QuertyY or QuertyM to switch which key is used.

I briefly tried out the improved native Bevel tool in Blender 2.8 Alpha 2. It makes nice quad corners, that will help smooth the way for MeshMashine! (EDIT: Not better, did some more simple bevels and it was the same).

The Bevel tool did mess up one corner tho! I will try to duplicate that after I get the user interface fixed - couldn’t orbit and that drove me crazy, need to transfer some settings from 2.79. (EDIT: DISREGARD)

1 Like

That’s a dream come true.

I went back and did some simple bevels, and 2.8 Alpha 2 was the same as 2.79, so disregard… sigh.
Have to see if I can find out what they claim to have improved.

I suspect you may be thinking of the improvements they made to the bevel modifier when using a profile of 1. Blender’s bevel has been notoriously bad at creating usable geometry for clean subdivision modeling but that is improved in 2.8.

I’ve been playing around and created bevel wrapper using Your addon.

Those preset abilities under keys are great (ʘ‿ʘ).

1 Like

Nice job :slight_smile:

I really love DECALmachine, MESHmachine, BoxCutter and HardOps. Own all of them. I am however a bit worried about increasing feature overlap between them. Especially overlap between HardOps and MESHmachine. Since you guys propagate your tools together, and refer each other, I would be quite happy if you came to some agreement to unify the toolsets. It’s getting increasingly confusing seeing as both addons offer features that are extremely similar (plugs, interactive symmetry, etc…). I would much rather have one universal tool I can rely on, than multiple, similar tools, which I have to choose based on which works in which scenarion. That reminds me 3ds Max workflows, which really sucked :slight_smile:

There is no real overlap. The differences matter. MESHmachine’s symmetry tool does custom normals. You can already set HardOps symmetry tool to use MESHmachine’s. It’s called Mir2 I think, I’m not quite up to date with it due to time constraints.

Plugs(surface replacement) are very different from HOps insets(boolean based). Both have a place in a hard surrface workflow.

I’m just one guy. My time and resources are limited, so much so that I haven’t done any real art for almost 2 years. I hate this.
The HOPs team is tiny as well. What you ask for takes considerable additional effort and will only happen over time. Not from the get go.

1 Like

I actually assumed it would make things easier :slight_smile: You and Jerry are both very talented and I feel like if you joined your efforts even more closely than you already do, you would save yourself substantial amount of duplicate work, and at the same time make this entire toolset more intuitive and unified.

As I said, I really love all the tools, but the only thing I dislike about them is how they are fractured into smaller pieces I need to always collect and individually maintain.

I have not strictly followed the development of this add-on but as far as have seen it could be very useful in many cases. Especially, if it could automatize the ‘clean up’ of boolean seams, so that they may be chamfered and bevelled afterwards smoothly, it could be of immense usefulness.

I have experimented densely with the ‘bevel after boolean’ add-on… it is great but it has some weaknesses in some modelling scenarios. So, finding a way of making bevellings in a multitude of boolean scenarios is still an important need. I do mean, for the sake of being clear, having something as Mesh Fusion or Hard Mesh in Blender.