MESHmachine

I have no idea? Do you have massive hdrs in the file? This does not seem to be MM related, at all.

Check for orphan data.
And you can move the companion texts, resize it and show only what you want :wink:

1 Like

Thank you MACHIN3 and pitiwazou. It will be the hdr.

Bought the addon and i got 1 thing to say. You never know how good it is until you use it… Also it pairs very nicely with hardops.
Thanks man well played.

1 Like

Some new ideas for new tools )

1 Like

I don’t like how this is getting so much attention now, considering its working exactly like William Vaughan’s Polystein kit, which has been out for over a year and the Plugit guy didn’t credit William for the idea.

I’ve been wanting to do something similar for a while. I’ve started yesterday and Ive got all the core parts down. Like polystein and plugit, I don’t do any boolean, it’s straight up face replacement. Unlike those two, I don’t require the user to do any face selections. “Plugs” in MESHmachine can go anywhere and MESHmachine figures it out.

I’m looking for a name, as nice as “Plug”. Any suggestions?

3 Likes

What about “Fitting”? Or just “Insert”? I think Hard Ops uses “Insert” for this terminology for its outdated version of it, maybe talk to MX about his plans and whether your tool supersedes them.

1 Like

HUG
it plugs, inserts… and fits like a glove

I’m looking for naming suggestions. I’ve got to say, “Plug” is a great name however, so props for that. Originally it was William Vaughan who did this kind of a tool with his Polystein Kit of course, major props to him.

Unlike in Maya’s Plugit or Modo Polystein Kit, I don’t require you to do any kind of polygon seleection here. MESHmachine figures that out, free placement. I’m also doing an auto Normal Transfer at the end.

There’s no booleans happening here by the way, it’s straight up face replacement.

5 Likes

Holy moly that’s magic. I would call that “mold” or “fuse” :slight_smile: I want it now!! Just today I was sighing hard when there is nothing like polystein or Script PlugIt in blender.

There is actually, there’s the s/c merges in HardOps which are boolean based, so not completely the same technically, but pretty similar practically.

I think Speedflow may have something similar too, I’m not sure.

I have a fuse tool already :slight_smile:

One question though how can I use propagate function with pen modelling workflow? Some addons like pitiwazou speedflow has option to hold modifier key and move pen left and right to mimic scrolling which I personally like. This same behavior is used in zbrush as well and it fits pen workflow like a glove.

1 Like

Graft.

By itself, or maybe in some combined with geo, mesh, or poly.

UP/DOWN or 1/2 keys.

Weld, Mend, Connect, Fit, Gift to mankind,
Slap It On, Blend, Mix, Knit, Slip, Slot
Bind, Bandage, Patch, Mod, Shape
Will edit and add more when I come up with more.

2 Likes

Nice “plug” feature. Working on similar right now. I call it “fusion”, nothing original, he-he.

Have idea to make update(e.g. replace) insertions with other ones, by changing property.

4 Likes

I’ve seen your videos a few months ago on polycount mate. Great stuff! Glad to see you are still at it! The curve based surfacing you are doing is very interesting. I’ve been planning to do a patch tool.
I’m mostly interested in feeding it 3,5 or 6 sides and ideally with different vert amounts, to have a way to blend tricky surface transitions/openinings. Seems like quite an undertaking.

1 Like

Thanks, mate. You stuff is great too and inspires me to finish my addon.
About 3-5-side patches - great idea i was thinking about that too(Sketchretopo-like features). But i’am afraid my knowledge is not enough for this task. Hope you’ll make it!

MACHIN3. Thank you for the Meshmachine-demo 2 video and the keyboard shortcuts. I have one request. In your next video when you are selecting from your pie menus could you slow things down. Even at 1/4 speed there is no way to tell what you are selecting. Thanks

These things are not relevant to MESHmachine. It’s usually just toggling wireframe display, changing snapping, changing sub object modes, etc. Nothing special, basic blender stuff. If you have a specific question about what I do at a certain point, feel free to ask here, or directly under the video.