Metrony Gurvan - Post Apocalyptic RPG/FPS with Parkour

Based on an update from February. Someone necro’d the thread.

actually guys I stuck on some things with the game that`s why I´m not posting my new progress.
I have no idea of level design and also on some gameplay features… but the project is not dead

Finally a new update:

• PPSh higher rate of fire and bigger mag
  • added objectives
  • ammo is visible in the HUD
  • many bug fixes

I will go in another direction for this game. I am making it more RPG-ish. I will base it on story and not the arcade survival mode.

Feel free to write me your ideas :wink:

Added objective progress and an elevator with map loading system :wink:

At the end of the vid you´ll see how the map loads while using the elevator

Now I have a bit of time so I will continue the project

This is a computer wich you can get quests for the beginning:

a keyboard comes out when you enter the area trigger:

I am working on the computer menu now and I am still thinking how to implement the menu to the game

Woho you´re back! Great to see you´re still going after so many months!

I am so busy in the last time so I cannot find much time to continue :frowning: but now I am a bit more motivated so I take more time during the night to keep on doing my passion :slight_smile:

This is how the computer menu will look like.
It is completely written in python code so I can keep order with many quests and items(since it was a real mess with the inventory system I had in my Apocalypse Survival project)
This is just one example of the inventory in logic bricks:

Now here is a vid of the quest menu of the computer:

An important thing for me was also to choose language and it works well(now I toggle language with TAB but later you can do it in the settings menu)

I hope you like it so far :slight_smile:

I like it.

Благодаря my bulgarian friend. It always motivated me when people like my stuff

Now I added a shop section into the computer screen.
The number of items you can buy is random. For now it resets after every start of the screen but I will change it later after I implemented it into the main game scene.

Here is a video to show the basic features also in english and russian:

Added a dynamic shop system.
The item amount and the prices are random and obviously take the amount of money they actually cost.
This is just an idea of how it could look like but detail will come later.

In the video you see that when I restart the game that the amount and prices change.
I will think about some factors to restock the inventory of the shop.

I hope you like it so far :slight_smile:

Looks great, perhaps put the computer closer to the hatch so that the player can associate the two together?

Other games have used vending machines to achieve this (you click on the vending machine, make purchases on the overlay screen and then pickup your objects).

Thank you for replying :slight_smile:
My idea was to put the computer to the output and instead of making it a whole machine I wanted to put a NPC behind the window who would be the actual vendor, but for now I wanna leave it basic like this and the details will come later.

I added a very simple inventory and some console commands to the game.

At the moment the items have no use so you can only collect them and drop them.

I wish I would have more time to work on the project :frowning: but at least I have some little progress

Nice effects. The programming was done solely by the bricks?

Brilliant keep going.
I know the struggle of finding time to make a game.

ops it is still written that it´s all made with logic bricks.
Honestly it is all possible to do with logic bricks(even the console commands) but I will convert everything to python code time after time. The main reason for this is to keep order.
You can see on the pic in my older post that it will get a mess after a while.
But everything apart the computer and inventory is made out of logic bricks

You feel me bro :slight_smile:
It´s a bad feeling when you want to continue but there is really just a bit of time(unless you continue over night but have less sleep)

I just want to write that the project is not dead but the progress is pretty slow, because I don’t have much time to use my computer.
I have little progress but not worth to show in my opinion.
I hope this thread won’t get terminated