MGP - Environment Thread (9/10/07 Forest Level Progress)

Since Vyew is still down I’ll post a screen of progress here.

I took some of migero’s trees and added them to the menu scene, made a few new textures, and added a vertex color layer to give the water a glowing appearance. The waterfall still needs a bit of work, and im not sure I like the skybox much. Maybe i’ll make a new one = )

You know, a lot of people underestimate the GE. It really is more capable than we all think.

greaat!

can we add some mist and then some fireflies? =D

a couple of our critters too once the VYEW book opens so I can regain access to them

Oooh, venom its beautiful!! Please send the pic to Johnyman so he can upload it to our website!! Oh, please make sure to add some water lilys as we discussed ;D And cant you add some foam where the waterfall hits the pond? or is that just going to be textured on?

And MM, i love your idea about fireflies!

Sweet. I keep losing track of this project and when I find it again, it keeps blowing my mind. That last screenshot was amazing. I’m glad to see that the quality of work increases as time goes on.

WOW!:smiley:
That looks really good, especially the light reflected off the water:)
I think the skybox is fine by the way, at least from this angle. You could maybe do with a splash or some bubbles where the waterfall enters the water though.
BTW, how did you get that running at 120fps? Am I misreading it or do you have some sort of realtime-render farm? Mine can only do about 30fps with an empty scene:eek:

Mine can only do about 30fps with an empty scene

Mine can only do 50 fps with an empty scene

BTW, how did you get that running at 120fps? Am I misreading it or do you have some sort of realtime-render farm?

It depends on your graphic card/ video driver. The better the card, the faster blender is.

MagicMyshu, I have been working on the bosses, but their isn’t really a great deal more to improve. Should I go ahead and program them, perhaps?

Sure go ahead Delta

you can check out one of our rigged/animated critters on my VYEW page

MagicMyshu: Sure no problem, I’m trying to sort out some UV mapping problems I get with wiseman303’s planar trails script. If I cant figure it out i’ll take the easier approach suggested in my other thread by lsblend.

Juggler: The water lilies are a great idea, I’ll be sure to include them. Also, I was thinking the same thing about the bottom of the waterfall. I’ll work on some cloudy misty textures for it.

Wizard: Thanks for the kind words. = )

animatinator: The scene is running at 120 fps because I have enabled all frames. To do this just go to Game --> Enable All Frames.

C-106 Delta: I haven’t seen your models yet, would you mind sending me a screenshot? My email is [email protected]. Thanks = )

Hey MPG people! Just have a few quick words here.

For Pash, Juggler, Johnyman, and all the rest. The sad fact of the matter is that I don’t really have anything in specific to ask anyone to do at the moment. Everyone has done a great job up until this point and now it’s really up to each department to just finish what they’ve started.

And yes, yes, I’m talking about myself too when I say that - because I am continuing to animate these critters just a little bit slower than mollases rolling uphill in mid January

But that doesn’t mean that we aren’t going to have more things for everyone to do a bit later on down the line. Oh, but the contrary. Indeed.

So for right now, everyone who doesn’t have a specific task, consider yourself “on-call”

And also, feel free to present the group with whatever ideas that your having like “all the time” this way, if there is something that needs to be added that I haven’t considered, then maybe you could bring that something to the table, by suggesting it and making an argument for it yourself.

Though keep in mind. That as our gameplay/programming phase get more advanced - adding more characters is going to be a whole lot of work.

On the otherhad, I think that adding some high quality enviornmental doo-dads would be the bee’s knees actually. However, you’d have to talk to Ven0m about that.

I did give him the prototype for our new level, but I think I sucks so much at it that poor Ven0m’s going to have to redo the whole thing from scratch.

=(

I’ll update to VYEW later.

For those of you who REALLY want something =)

I think our VYEW book is -still- too cluttered and unorganized. To have that issue addressed would just be absolutely wonderful if you ask me.

I know we had our cataclysmic shootout before, but apparently it still isnt’ enough. Maybe our book being messy is a good thing - a sign of activity. I’m not exactly sure.

I’ll update VYEW later.

…bang

The scene is running at 120 fps because I have enabled all frames. To do this just go to Game –> Enable All Frames.
Ah, I see now:D
MM: How well a project is doing is directly proportion to how cluttered its Vyewbook/office/desk is. If we were putting time into making the Vyewbook look really neat and tidy, we wouldn’t be putting time into making the game really cool:D
I’ll give it a clean when I’ve got a chance though loads gun:wink:
bang

i was so sad when i thought the mgp died, but now i’m all excited all over again. it is AMAZING!
It’s the inspiration that got me working in the GE again. keep it up guys, i think you may even end up with something better than apricot! hehe.
i love it!

soooo…
i am “on call”???
I really, really dont know what to do at this point…
Ive been hanging around aroun vyew,but there seems to be no activity anytime im there…
:spin:

yeah yeah, LsBlend are you on Skype? please get on there so we can chats - I’ve just taken a bit of a break from VYEW, for a few days that’s all, because even though I love chatting with everyone and it’s always a lot of fun, sometimes I just need a break from mass chatroom - . But I will be back shortly. I hope you can understand

but yes! get on Skype and we can chat one on one.

I’m MagicMyshu on there.

let me know when you get it if you don’t have it already.

hmmm. i dont have a mic right now… ill try and get one…

never mind log into VYEW, I’m there right now

wish I could do some stuff again, but life is still too rocky to allow me to be counted on…perhaps the sequel…

tropical islands need hula girls!

hey guys, i don’t know if these are useful, but i modeled and uvmapped some really low-poly sea-shells. there are three in the blend. the tri-count is 16,16 and 17.
i thought they’d look nice near the shore, on the beach. pretty colors… i can do a better job with more vertices but i didn’t think it’d be worth the resources… evs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?chg03gd5xz3

Never one to turn down free earnest help I took a look at ur file and it’s very nice thank you man I think we can use them. Was it that you were wishing to join the MGP:cool: ?

Btw, I was able to reduce your poly count from 16,16,17 to 3,3,2 respectively.

I think we can use them !

venar303: Thanks for taking the time to help us out, we can definately use your seashells.

MagicMyshu: Here’s more progress on those fireflies = )

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/Ven0mSeven/mgpfirefly.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/Ven0mSeven/firefly2.jpg

I took out migero’s trees because they were renderbaked in the sunlight and didnt fit the scene too well. The scene is almost done, I just have to animate more fireflies and add the water lillies.

Hope you guys like it = )