Migration

It does make a very good banner though, nice one, whichever mod did that.

Oh, dear. So sorry to have pulled a little stunt with the banner like that. I changed the banner without knowing that it had been reserved for the Durian team. As soon as the Durian banner is done, I will put yours back up so that it can get its fair run.

(This image was on the banner for a few hours today before being replaced with a banner for the Durian team.)

Hi guys,
thank you so much for all your comments and critics, theyā€™re useful :yes:

ben:
youā€™re so right, ben! Really, it is so hard to spot, that nobody saw it actually itā€™s in the image (actually, neither meā€¦ :confused:)

Divine Rage:
thank you a lot, your method works very well! Iā€™ve completely missed that useful option. I did some experiment and now Iā€™m able to reiterate rotation for every segment. For some obscure reason the result is an ugly harlequin of colors so Iā€™d stay with original image for now.

tmcthree:
the sky is a picture taken some time ago and edited in Gimp for give it some interesting colors. For the ground I used a picture with rocks to displace a simple mountain-like modelled plane and give it details, then created a sligthly reflective white material to simulate snow, see attachments.

PlantPerson:
wowā€¦ Iā€™ve never hoped for the banner, thank you a lot!
Iā€™d had liked to see it but Iā€™m happy to hear it has represented BA.org for some hours! :yes:

Attachments

nice scene! this screams for a fully animated sequence, if you ask me. :slight_smile:

iā€™d give the pure red eyes something with more structure, however. maybe with a color map like this:

http://picture.myoats.com/104704_m.png

Hi ShilaM,

Iā€™m sorry for the banner mishap, it was all my fault. We split the banner now so we can show both the durian banner and your wonderful image!

Regards,

Roel

Lol, itā€™s like its a limited edition banner and I saw it! lol :smiley:

EDIT 1: I almost forgot to say something about the render lol, I think the sky should be darker more of a late evening just past sunset kinda of sky, because these guys look more like night time destroyers. It also kind of reminds me of The incredibles.

EDIT 2: aww now it isnā€™t limited editonā€¦ oh well

http://quaket.net/uploads/Image/games/Unreal%20Tournament%202007/Necris_Darkwalker.jpg

such a dynamic image! well done, and blenders internal raytracer to bootā€¦ looks really good

Congrats on the banner! Love the image.

Fantastic image ShilaM. I looks like the alien machines straight out of War of the Worlds! Could you maybe post a wallpaper version, please. I would love this on my desktop!

freaking awesome work ā€¦the clay renders are also greatā€¦good luck :slight_smile:

Amazing, people like you inspire noobies like me.
Now I really wanna blend some more n some day I jst might do what youā€™ve doneā€¦

It looks good, the textures are fine, although I donā€™t like the composition. Maybe it would make better impression with a little DOF? 4* from me.

This image is fantastic!

DOF wouldnā€™t hurt, but I guess bounced light (say with SSGI node) would improve lighting even more.

Congratulation, great work!

Nice soft light and shadows!!

Nice. I think the snow material is very well done. 5 stars.

Mods and admins:
in the last pre-sale week of Durian nobody would had complained a fixed Durian banner, you managed to do this nice rotation beetween the twoā€¦ thank-you-sooo-much guys, youā€™re very kind people! :slight_smile:

Kai Kostack:
given my very poor skill and experience as animator it scares me to think to move such a legs on such a terrainā€¦ :smiley:

Irowebot:
Of course you can use it as wallpaper, maybe you need a specific resolution? Let me know!
(p.s. please, donā€™t tell me youā€™re running a 4k dual monitor, the rendering should run from here to eternityā€¦:eek:)

lenniez:
I wish you all the best!

rozmiarek:
thank you for suggesting DOF: I admit I tried it but with a so big scale models the render ended up with a ridiculous lost in details so I sadly switched back at the pre-DOF version. I still have the OpenEXR version with Z-buffer saved in it, Iā€™ll dig further in that direction.

Many thank to whoever saw the image and commented it!

Wow, this looks really nice! I love how you made the ground and the machines. By the way, how did you make the sky?

Is it just me or are all the machines in identical poses? Great, models, great render! Regarding the wallpaper, the high-res image in the first post can be cropped to fit whatever resolution you needā€¦ 1440x900 in my case, and it does make a nice desktop!

Iā€™ve set it as wallpaper, if you donā€™t mind :slight_smile: