mindfields - a computer generated short movie

@ndy, world class stuff, I had to make sure that is was Blender you said you made this with.

True masterpiece. By chance were you using the Dynamica suite for the wind and smoke fx?

Sonix.

Sob… ‘redirection count exceeded’

Stefano

Oh, shoot! Can’t watch it.
Could you post it as mp3? Please? Pretty please? :smiley:

I just managed to download this and the effects are incredible. The meteorites moving and impacting rivals the best I have viewed anywhere!

just a little note guys, since @ndy is away on holiday he has been unable to update the site, but the movie locations have changed, and the direct link to both the high and low res can be found on the second page.

ah, thanks. I should have seen it myself %|

Now it’s just waiting… 4%…

:frowning:
I can’t get a copy.

:o :o :o :o :o :o I managed to download :o :o :o :o :o :o

where’s the jaw-dropping smiley when you need it?

Stefano

phuk yeah…thats the sh!t :o

I gotta get a grip on them particles…

I wanna know what app was used to make the soundtrack (not sound effects…although that would be great too).

wow! it’s really really well done! lighting, rythm, sfx!
clap clap clap!

Just one notice… it’s really afflicting to waste so beautiful video with a so bad compression! the High format is worse than low!.

okay, it was the only one!

again, Great Work!!!

ps:Xvid rulez !! :wink:

Wow. That was a reeeaaallly cool short film. I think you’re insane.

Does the animation mirror the process your mind went through while making this?

Awesome particle manipulation… and lens flares… and grass… and rock columns… and eyelid animation… and asteroid impacts… and clouds… yeah…

I see you found the Myst: III Exile Data folders… heeeheee… fun music…

seeing as you got a ton of comments, I have ONE small critisism: The editing. something just didn’t seem to flow for me… I don’t know, it seemed a little… segmented (i don’t know if that is a good word). perhaps that was your intention, though.

don’t get me wrong, I LOVED it. Incredible animation man, real inspiring. awesome work. keep it up

nAte.

hey i’m back from holidays, kinda 60% more stressed, 10% more relaxed and around 83% more inspired…
a huge thanks for all your replies :smiley:
i’ve updated the site slightly, now with tekobyte’s new link, the url is still
http://www.artificial3d.com/mindfields
[yet again, another ‘thanks’ to tekobyte for linking and uploading]

now my 1 cent on your 2 cents…

NateTG:
sure, editing was a bit weak, only took about 4 hours :wink: next time i’ll put more work into it. segmented, yes… i think i was staying too close to the storyboards which were kinda segmented.

Soren:
yup, i am insane indeed, glad you realized it :wink:
i really like Myst III Exile [THE BEST GAME EVER!! WHEEE] and it’s mood and sounds fitted Mindfields very well so i used them. i hope there’ll be no trouble on copyrights and stuff since MF is only a non-commercial production.

Meltdown:
sry on the compression, i tried to keep filesizes low. but no, the high format is better than low [hence the name, eh?] :stuck_out_tongue:

RISKBREAKER:
none at all, making music is not my strongest point, the music is taken from several games [such as myst3] well, again… i’m going to use my own music in the next movie.

binarybndit:
mirrors are currently a problem from me… i’ll try to upload it to my own webspace [which has unlimited bandwith] BUT THE DAMN SERVER IS KICKING ME OUT after some secs!! aaargh :<
anyways, i’ll try to get it working.

LohnC:
thanks man! :smiley:

Sily:
wait… mp3? isnt that just an audio format? you need the latest divX codec to watch it [http://www.divx.com]

sonixsculpt:
nay, dynamica was not used. it’s all blender particles. [yet, dynamica doesnt improve the look of the particles, only the movement. “dynamica particles” also use the blender halo material]
particle textures are more important than the particle count.

WizardNx:
partly RVK, partly armatures. armatures were used for muscle deformations such as eyebrow and cheek movement [yes, they actually move even though you cant see it :wink: ]

Nayman:
wow that means a lot coming from you, i’ll have to ask ton about the siggraph thing.

again, thanks thanks thanks… :smiley:
now i gotta take a rest from my holidays.

.andy

now i gotta take a rest from my holidays.

wop !!
Before you have to give to you the monkey award !!!
lol And I think that everyone here would agree with me on the fact that your work merit a monkey award :wink:

:slight_smile:

yes yes !!

Very great job, showing that we could do some awesome and amazing work with blender !!

bye
WizardNx.

Sorry, I meant MPEG (I’ve been downloading some music). But now that I found from where to get the divx, I was able to watch your mind-blowing animation. It was beautiful. Congrats. :smiley:

I haven’t been able to download it once yet…wat da dilly yo?

nope, cant give me a monkey award. that’s not fair.
i dont think i deserve it. anyways… what’s the point, mindfields is in the current CJ. :-?

.andy

nope, cant give me a monkey award. that’s not fair.

I said that with a touch of joking, but thinking it anyway :slight_smile:
I know that you can give it to you, so I joked a little on it but in an other hand I really think that you merit it… :wink:

Thank you anyway for showing us the blender particles capacities !! And the real blenda powa !

You rock ! you rule !

bye
WizardNx.

Here is your Monkey Award, @ndy :

https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=103194#103194

Serialsiner.

:o Amazing short, wonderful work!
Realy impressive.