Modeled an Energon Cube as My First Transformers Model...

Believe me Jonathan, I do plan to eventually add the cube to a scene. I just needed some time to figure things out. Like I tried to say, I never learnt to add multiple materials to a mesh, which I feel I should have learnt by now. I just needed to figure out how to work out the energon cube first. I’m right now trying to think of how to create the geometry for some of the characters from the original Transformers (Transformers Generation 1, or Transformers G1, as it’s called by fans). I figured this little technique will also allow me to learn how to apply different materials to the characters’ bodies as well. So I did learn something very important from this. It’s always good to learn as many techniques as possible before modelling even more complex geometry…

That is very true. Try building like a super simple house or something first. no materials or anything, just modeling. I know it took me quite a while to learn.

I’ve already been doing that Johnathan. I’ve built a basic cube-shaped building to mess with. First off, the building I plan to use as a ‘template,’ changing the geometry to simulate other buildings. I’m also hoping to learn texture painting. I’ve already done some UV mapping, but I’d like to learn to ‘paint’ the photos and images on the building, and fix the texture where the seams sometimes show. I’ve learnt some beginner level stuff, and I’ve been learning for over a year now. I just wish I knew more at this point. I guess I’m a little impatient with myself. :o

I asked within the past day or two a question about indirect lighting to a friend of mine on YouTube. He does a lot of video tutorials on Blender 2.6x, and he responded with a video. This really gave me much more information that I can use, plus how to use physics in the game engine so I’ll know what to do with my objects in games I create.

Here’s the link to my friend’s video.

Pink Cube With Interesting Lighting, huh? That’s a new one.

I’m going to move this to Blender Tests…hope y’all don’t mind.

You can Plant. And that’s just the way an energon cube looks - I’m not the one who first came up with the design, and tell you the truth I don’t who did. Makes you wonder though. :wink: