Modeling CLoth

Hi can we get a collisions with other object?

I am planning on putting collisions with other objects in soon. The code is still very experimental. I figured I would get a few feature requests then move forward. You can do a certain amount of collision by using the self collisions and making everything one object. Just use the vertex weight pin for the part you want solid and turn on self collision.

Thanks ill try that

will it work with master branch?

Please make a Linux build, thanks for sharing.
With which versions of Blender is this compatible?

Suggestion: Tearing clothes

Edit: works on Linux with Blender 2.79RC2

not working in daily build and create pining not working in official.
thanks for workings on this.

Did not try it yet. But I was looking for something like this for Blender for ages. Very excited. Thanks for creating it!

This is very cool; glad to hear that you’re working on collisions. I’ll have to try the pinned-single-object approach you describe to see how well that goes as a workaround.

Inflate in particular is incredibly promising since it should allow for internal-pressure behaviors that are really hard to get in cloth or softbody without creating complex internal geometry, binding a complex mesh to a simpler frame structure, etc. Inflate has huge potential for soft-body-like objects (balloons, flesh) with some tweaking.

For instance it would be very useful to have a function similar to Inflate but centered around the starting position, if that makes sense. Inflate is limited since you have to start with the “un-inflated” size/shape and allow the object to “grow” before it behaves as though under internal pressure.

yes :smiley: & deflate or vacuum, probably after collisions get sorted out

wow, this is very very good! I just played 10 minutes with it, but is very useful, thanks for sharing! Did you actually rewrote some of the blender cloth or is all built on the same base sim?

I couldn’t understand if it’s possible to have collision while dragging the cloth around… is it possible? :slight_smile:

Custom solver in python/numpy, and he is publishing a tutorial series on using numpy in blender on youtube.

Good idea. Thanks for sharing

GRAB, dont woks for me too on open surfaces, planes, but does on cubes or spheres.

You have posted your very good addon at the same time that the growth addon, is interesting to see that both are in some way related and that your addon have very interesting capabilities as a biological tissue growth emulator.

incredible addon thanks:eek:

The Pillows are excellent!

Awesome! It’s so cool to see someone making something with the addon!

I got two questions: 1. Are you using Verlet integration? 2. Is this only stretch or stretch and rotational stiffness? Just something I might be able to contribute if you weren’t already doing that. Kind of what’s the high-level description of the algorithm?

There was a addon for this 3 Years ago, will look after that

http://www.wahooney.net/quick-and-dirty-verlet-test

Here is also the blendfile with the integrated script
http://wahooney.net/category/test/

But the Grab function looks like the same as in the cloth addon. But in this verlet addon you can grab mutiple vertices.