Modifier List 1.7.5

Been using this add-on and it’s super helpful. I had an idea about a small workflow tweak. The very first section at the top right of the pop-up is the search field, which I use a lot. It also shows the Modifier that you last searched for and applied. For example if I add a Bevel modifier through this search, next time it will show the word Bevel in the search field. However, it doesn’t actually add any functionality as far as I can tell. Could we have it so that we could either instantly add the previously searched modifier (maybe by having one tiny extra button next to the search bar, or by ctrl+clicking the search bar or something. Or the word Bevel could also filter the list of Modifiers, which would allow us to quickly add it again to the selected object. Right now even though the search bar shows the previously added modifier, it doesn’t actually filter the list of modifiers as you expand the search menu. (you can see here that the word is there but it’s not filtering… however, if I start retyping the word, it will filter)

Thanks!

The search field works the same way other search fields work in Blender, so unfortunately there’s nothing I can do for that. I’m also not too keen on adding a new button for this. I think hitting enter twice over the search is OK.

1 Like

oh yep that works

Does anyone else have the issue where the Remove Modifier button (-) removes the first modifier in the list instead of the selected one? This happens in Properties Editor, sidebar, popup, pretty much everywhere.
I’m using 1.2.1

Is anyone else tried using Multires Modifier from the addon panel? “Subdivide/delete higher” operator/button doesnt work from the panel, but its works from default stack. I guess its the same issue as the Mesh Deform and Surface Deform fixed on the v1.2 update.
I’m using v1.2.1.

@ADRs

Modifier List 1.2.2

• Fixed Multiresolution modifier operators not working.
3 Likes

That’s strange, it works perfectly for me. Just tested with the latest Blender build. Does it still continue to happen? Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the addon if that would magically fix it?

Removing and reinstalling fixed it. Not sure why I didn’t do that earlier. Thank you.

wow! thanks for the update, it works perfectly now!

I can´t believe this isn´t default in Blender :slight_smile:

2 Likes

exactly, this is soo much cleaner than what we have by default. thanks for this addon!

Is it possible to display just the options & settings? not the top bar of each modifier box(name,show viewport, remove etc.) since those options are already within each modifier in the list.

firefox_pO1mdBKEiv

2 Likes

@theApe, @dan2: Thanks for your nice comments!

@Albertofx : I can add a setting for it in the next version.

1 Like

I updated your Icons so they can be visible in white theme.

%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

if it comes in handy I upload it

1 Like

Thanks but I find them quite hard to read. I think providing two different icon sets, white and black, would work better. I’ll add that to my ToDo list.

can I make it so that after applying the modifier, the object gizmo is deleted? That was such a setting.

1 Like

If you hold shift when you apply a modifier, it’s gizmo gets deleted. I could also add a setting to always delete the gizmo if some would like that.

Great, it will be like in 3d max.

You’re a hero. This is exactly what I wanted!

Great addon, Thanks for developing it!
One thing I noticed that, every time I click modifier from the modifiers stack, it appears that all current modifiers gets refreshed, its only noticeable when working with heavier meshes that blender freezes for a moment same way as changing modifier settings. It gets inconvenient working with heavier meshes when I click on modifier just to check it, and it freezes. Other than that, it’s really handy addon. Thanks.