Modo-Houdini-Blender Exchanger

Big thanks mifth!!!

It works when i set path to

def get_exchange_path():
return ‘C:/Users/lijianjian/Documents/Exchangers/’

I find the object that i send from modo import to houdini looks too big and the object that send from houdini import to modo looks too small. Is it possible to make object keep same size when import or export betwen modo and houdini ?

Good to know that it works. :slight_smile:

I need to check what i do with paths in Houdini…

About scale:
Thais is Houdini issue. You can read it here https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&p=128779&highlight=
You can change ScaleUniform to 0.01 of the imported Node.

Also, there is one line which can be made automatically: https://github.com/mifth/mifthtools/blob/master/other/exchangers/houdini/exchanger.shelf#L36
Just uncomment this line and it will be imported correctly.

About exporting scale - did not fing a good way to scale correctly yet.

I fixed Modo exporter. Now it does not export keyframes.

Some good news for Modo and Blender:

• Blender now does not import animations from Modo at all.
  • Modo 801 is now supported.

Need testing for Modo 801.

OMf***G!!! Thats amazing! Thank you so much!

BUT! … its not working for me. Could it be that its not working with Blender 2.6 ? I have just downloaded it from github and installed it through the add on interface and… nothing. Could you help me with that?

P.s.: By nothing I mean I cant find it in the blender add ons and its not listet in the tool bar.

There are many addons in the zip. Read installation guide on the wiki.

Thank you. Sorry, I was a little bit to fast. Now I can see the add on in my add on list but i have got this Problem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.76\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 343, in enable
mod.register()
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘register’

I have double checked by turing on and off different “add ons” to see if something is interfering but nothing has changed. Can you help me with this?

Okay everything is working fine now. I have pasted the add on in to the wrong folder. :slight_smile: … it was the addons_contrib and not the addons.

Thanks for this, using it with Blender and Houdini. Works great! :cool:

The Digital Assets are included in zip are Awesome ! I find the DigitalAsset named “3dcoat applinker”! Wow! But I find they have different license type !

It could be nice if the objects were always exported from the object level (or whatever it’s called) instead of the actual fbx file thing with 0.01 scale. You can do this manually by diving into the fbx thingy and exporting from there instead of all the way out.

Some other things that could be useful: reimport (replaces selected fbx input file with the exported blender mesh), blender scene export and houdini scene import (exports and imports all objects to separate fbx inputs). And houdini scene reimport which is a reimport that reimports all objects again.

So it seems scene import kind of works anyway if you select everything. Also to do reimport I added “-u” to the fbximport hscript so the nodes get unlocked after importing. That way you can just click Reload Geometry and the geometry will get updated, you don’t even need to import again in Houdini. :cool:

I guess I’ll stop soloposting now… :wink:

Hi @mifth

I need help .

I instal “blender_exchanger” addon in blender 2.77 . When i click import buttom . Blender give me a error message

"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\lijianjian\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\blender_exchanger\blender_exchanger.py”, line 162, in invoke
obj.animation_data.action.use_fake_user = False
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘action’

"

But i find. ther addon still can import mesh ! But addon works good in modo 902 sp1

If your object doesn’t have animation you’ll get an error. If you don’t use animation (I guess it’s disabled in the addon now anyway?) you can comment out the animation stuff in the code by putting # in front of the lines.

Thanks ! But i don’t have this problem in blender 2.76 . even my object doesn’t have animation !

Maybe the API changed a bit in 2.77 and the addon isn’t updated yet. If it still works it shouldn’t matter though. :stuck_out_tongue:
I get some errors when importing the mesh in Houdini too but it seems to work anyway.

Yea, when import mesh to houdini or export mesh from houdini i still have a size problem, It looks the mesh being scale 100 time than Original mesh. But is ok when exchange datas betwen modo and blend !

Uncomment obj.parm(‘scale’).set(0.01) in the exchanger.self file to fix the size problem.

With default Blender settings you may need to (in Houdini) export the .fbx node with 0.01 scale rather than the geometry.

Interesting stuff here О_о

I hope @mifth can fix this error ! Cheer!