Modo-Houdini-Blender Exchanger

Could you send me the log, please?
Window -> Show Console

Hello, sorry for delay. I did a fix in the repository. Could you, please, download the files again and test them? Will it work?

Hi mifth,
I’m sorry but it doesn’t work…
maybe could be something wrong in my workstation configuration ?
Is my blender addon path correct?
Thanks a lot
Fede

Yes, all is correct.
I think there is somewhere an issue in my addon. But I don’t know where. As there is no log to fix it. Blender just ignores the addon on your machine. ((

1 Like

Try copy addon to “C:\Users\XXX)\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons”, it works for me!

Nice, got the addon working with Houdini, but noticed that the scale is off when exporting and importing. When exporting from Blender and importing to Houdini the object needs to be scale 100x to be the original size.

Did you use these buttons? They scale to normal size.

1 Like

Ah, I thought I tried everything, but now it works. :+1:

Hi, thanks for sharing. Just wanted to let you know that in mira tools nothing seems to be working in 2.9. Lots of errors and it crashed blender a few times when trying the deform options.

Hello,
Miratools thread is here. https://blenderartists.org/t/miratools
I’m using 2.90 too. All works fine. I tried curve guide, curve stretch, linear deformaer.
Could you, please, send a blend file to reproduce the issue.

2 Likes

I’m crying for don’t know how to install this plugin in modo. Could you please record a video to show that? That would be great helpful.

Hi, apologies, I don’t use Modo at the moment. Cannot help on this part. Maybe someone on the thread will help.
@all

1 Like

Hi all, I fixed the exchanger for 2.93.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the script. It seems like the transfer between Blender (no unit set in Blender) to Houdini is 1 to 100 units. Is this a bug or by design?

Hi, if you press ExportHoudini/ImportHoudini - it will be 1 unit I think.

houdini its possible to import mesh with out subnet ?

Houdini importer works like that. Sorry.

Sad but ok.

In ExportObj i found out there is some scale issue from blender to houdini.
for right scale, rotation need to be apply as well than it`s gives right values

1 Like

is this addon working version 3.0?