Modular Tree

What version of Blender are you running? Modular tree works fine here on 2.92

hello, 2.93 @phoe-nix-art

Blender 2.93 is in alpha state (not even beta yet). Developers don’t usually waste their time reforming their addons for development versions of Blender that can change at any time.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of people complaining that it doesn’t work in 2.92 too

For 2.92 download from here (blender_28 branch), click on green “Code” button > Download zip:

After installing it select “Mtree Node Tree” Editor. Then “New”. In the Node Editor, “N” panel you will find Mtree tab.

EDIT:
Some features like adding fast wind seem not to be available in 2.92.
And many warnings on console when opening Blender.

1 Like

Maybe it’s about incompatibility for the python version, 2.93 was updated to version 3.9.

Hello

Is there a way to animate the Length value in the Roots Node? I want to create growing roots effect!Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 15.47.22

1 Like

setting keyframes doesn’t seem to work and also not seeing them on the timelines.
Did you figured it out?

2.93 dont work

It would be good to make this add-on work with the latest versions of Blender. It is a great add-on and it would be a pity to leave it abandoned and forgotten.

1 Like

Edit: At the end of this message is the modified addon ready to install in 2.93. Uninstall any previous version of the addon and close Blender before installing the new version.

For 2.93 and 3.0, you first download @Harvester version with 2.8 fixes from here:
https://blenderartists.org/t/modular-tree/674043/880

And then you replace the file that is shared here inside “nodes” folder (extract the zip and copy the “tree_parameters_node.py” file inside “nodes” folder of @Harvester version):
https://github.com/MaximeHerpin/modular_tree/issues/269#issuecomment-856719327

Just in case before installing the new version, you uninstall any previous version of the addon listed as Modular Tree or MTree, and close Blender. Then install the modified addon.

If you want to avoid work, here is the file with the modifications for 2.93+:
modular_tree-blender_293_fixes.zip (1.2 MB)

14 Likes

also dont work

it work in 2.92 ,but 2.93 cant

Sorry, the modifications had to be made on the version previously modified by another user, and not on the github version. I have edited my previous post with the new instructions.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I had been keeping an older copy of Blender around just for this addon.

Thanks a lot Yafu! This was a precious offer indeed! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you. I can finally use this plug-in,

You sir, are a hero.

So I’ve made some progress on the rewrite of the addon in c++

Here is the current result, generated in 0.5s in blender (about 350k faces):

61 Likes

So is not only efficient, it also has good topology? Incredible

2 Likes