Moleculars physics

nice to hear that you are putting so much effort in it because is a project which deserve this… and I would be willing to pay for this kind of stuff in blender.

Unluckly coding is not really my best skill and I am also under win 7 so I am afraid I cannot help so much…

Anyway I am really looking forward to see more of this! :smiley:

PS: do you have somewhere where we can put donations for the project?

thanks again.

Yes , this system is cool ( like Lagoa in XSI ) but the big problem is it’s stay particles and you need to find a way to skin/polygonize it . But one problem at a time. I will see later when my script is finish and stable.

You can help me by testing it when time is coming :slight_smile:

About donation: I don’t have website for donation but many people of the community suggest me to do it. I need to see how it’s work. I know paypal offer this service. I’m a bit afraid about donation if I don’t achieve my goal but I will see. I probably see it in the wrong way. If you or any body have suggestion of a good system, good hosting service and it’s experiences with donation , just let’s me know.

I would gladly help you with testing.

About the donation I don’t know much more than you… I see most of the people use paypal, but I never used it myself so I don’t know how it works.

There are a lot of people on the forum that use this system, even blender foundation itself… try to ask them! :slight_smile:

an amazing script pyroevil :slight_smile:
please check your inbox as i wanted to contact you

here is a teaser of the panel of my new script :eyebrowlift: :

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/41750

http://pyroevil.cu.cc/?cat=7Hi !

Here is my new website about this script and in the future, all my project related to Blender

Home Page:
http://pyroevil.cu.cc/

Molecular Script section:
http://pyroevil.cu.cc/?cat=7

As suggested by many users , I add a donation tab if you want to help me.

Nice! I will be checking that website quite often! :slight_smile:

Today , l find a new way to simulate substeps. Because blender don’t let’s python modify particles data on substep (between frames) , I need to find a way to fake it.

The first workaround I find couples of months ago is to emulate it by going back and forth in the timeline and report the data every time. Like that: If I have a framesubstep of 4 , I go forward with frame 1,2,3,4 , store position and velocity of frame 4 , go back to frame 2 for putting back the stored data on the particles and restart simulate frame 2,3,4,5 … repeating the same process again and again until the entire simulation is finish. The problem with this workaround is it’s stretch the particles simulatioin to simulate substeps but the don’t stretch the animation of moving obstacles or any animated parameters. This is bad.

But the good news is I think I find a second workaround and it’s really better. I play with the time remapping option in the render panel. I did some test and it’s working ! I remember to already did this test before and I don’t know why I will not make it work. But now it’s seem to working ! The good think about time remapping is I don’t have to do anything. Time stretching is managed by blender including obstacles and parameters animation.

Develppement on my script continue … I’m exited to share the code soon on github !

really nice… And I am exited to try the script! :smiley:

I trying to work on it every days !
I have a travel of 1h00 in train to going to work. I spend this lost time on the script :slight_smile:

Little update.
I put my code and the first dowload zip file of the addon on github.
The script do nothing for now except drawing the GUI and exporting the data to be processed.

http://pyroevil.cu.cc/?page_id=165

No docs is available for now on how it’s work because it’s too soon.
If you install and activate it, you can see a new GUI panel are available in the Particles tab of a object ( if particles system is created ). The “Simulate” button working by stretching the time if you put substep and and current frame cursor start to go forward.For now , like I said , nothing special happening to your particles because I don’t integrate any code for physics for now. The simulation stop if you hit “Escape” key or when the timeline cursor reach the end frame of your timeline.

Any constructive comment are welcome !

just trying it out! First of all, thanks for the work! :smiley:

I see the new panel but right now is quite hard to give you any advice since, for what I understand, there is just the GUI right now…

Until it won’t be possible to play with the settings, I cannot say. But so far, I like the organization of the interface! :slight_smile:

Keep it up! :smiley:

thank a lot!

I hope to be able to give more interesting feature to play with soon.
I implement self-collision now.

I finish to coding a KDTree in python today.
It’s seem to working fine. A big improvement for collision between particles.

A beta with just simple self collision coming soon

A new video is available !
Showing simple collision react with the mass of each particles.

I publish a new video of my script :

Beta version of my script released soon I can !

Note: For now speed is not my priority. When all is well build in python , I thinking about to convert it in fast C code python module with Cython.

First “alpha” release of my script: http://pyroevil.com/molecular-script-download/

No docs , tutorials or samples blendfile are create for now. Just play with it … at your own risk :wink:
Send me any video of test you did !

Have fun !

My to do list:

• Test it and make video
  • Better friction integration
  • Elastic/Inelastic collision
  • Clean the code / optimize it
  • Make docs , tutorial and samples blendfile
  • Port it in Cython for increase speed

Another video is added to demonstrate link at bird:

another test a did. A challenge from a friend: Pushing my particles through a pasta machine ( like one they come with modeling clay kit for kid )

I’m starting to look at Cython for speed improvement ( fast test with simple ForLoop script give me 70x faster than normal python without multithreading ).

I’m also interested about MPM implementation but not sure I can do solid matter like my script. Take a look on the Grant Kot videos and channel:

wow really nice test Pyroevil! This stuff looks sooooo promising!!

What about the videos you posted? Would it be possible to implement them in blender? 2 millions particles sim like that baked in 15 minutes is really impressive!!

Good work by the way! keep it up!! :wink: