Moleculars physics

thanks a lot.

After this project , because is not really the same thing ( mine is for solid , MPM is more for fluid ) , I’m interested to implement it as a addon like this current script if any developper are not insterested to implement it directly in Blender. I already take a look on the algorythm and ask to Grant Kot some question about this. If enough people are happy of what I did with my molecular script , It’ probably give me the motivation to continue to script many things for Blender in the future.

GReat stuff!
HAs definetively a great potential to enhance the crappy particles…!

well… I am really happy with what I see! Thou I still didn’t manage to try it. I remember you told me (I hope I remember well…) that right now you cannot install it as a normal script, or am I wrong? Anyway Im sure that as soon the community will be able to try this, the feedback will be really good!

Also (I also don’t remember if I already asked you… sorry!) is there any place where is possible to make donations?

Yes now you can install it like any addon. All links are on the first post of this thread. http://pyroevil.com/molecular-script-download/
For donation is on my website too , on the sidebar at right. If you have any trouble with the script just let’s me know!

Awesome :smiley: I hope this could someday be used to destroy solid objects some how :slight_smile:

Wow that’s great! Today I have a little bit busy day at work, but I will try it as soon as I can!

Thanks!

Hey, would someone be able to briefly explain how to get to the scripts UI? I can’t seem to find it. It looks like it has great results, and could become a very powerful part of blender.

Papers publications of University of Utah about many thins like fluid and meshing : http://sealab.cs.utah.edu/Papers/index.html

and one of my idea inspiration for keeping UV by advection for a future mesher : http://www.mootzoid.com/wb/pages/softimagexsi/empolygonizer4.php

Sorry for the delay to answer to your question. Hope you find it before that. The UI is in the particles tab , at the bottom of it. Sorry again.

what a VERY impressive project! Thank you for creating & sharing :slight_smile:

While there is no good way to mesh particle fluids, this is useless…

It’s coming , I talk with a developper interested to implement it. If not achivied , I’m interested to implement it like a Addon after this one.

Just to say I’m working the C version of my addon and it’s going fine for now. Sorry if it’s take a bit of time.

News: I got some performance result with my script converted in Cython ( C language ). My gain is about 20times faster with heavy simulation ( like 64k particles and more ). It’s a good gain , a simulation with 128K particles take 4-5days with my old python script and can take 4-5hours with my new one. And I have place to optimize again. Not stable for now so I need to work on it before a release but it’s going on the right way for now !

Can’t wait for your new version, Pyroevil. That sounds like a fantastic job you’re doing so far.

nice result! 20 times faster is a LOT! good work!

But even more interesting, particle remesher is coming!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

great job here!

a new video is added:

Simulated with my new cython code. 16 times faster than the python one.

Just saying you are doing very nice job here, keep it up!

Today I finish to multithread KDtree creation and searching.
A gain of near to 2 times faster than without it.
So now my addon is 30 times faster than the python version I released 1 month ago.
If I want it faster , I need to multithread all the code. For that I need to do special space partitionning for
be able to multithread all particles calculation. Not a easy task.

Probably release it soon. I need to install Linux to compile it for both operating system (Windows32/64bit and Linux32/64bit).
Not sure cython can be compiled for MAC.

I’m not sure but I think Cython can run on MAC,after all C and C++ are running with MAC