Monolith Zombie Survival.

@redteam, it’s not a spas-12!

Just to let everyone know; I’m not going to be on the forums for a few months -.-
I have exams, so I need to knuckle down and focus.

Good luck!

What Crumpet said. :slight_smile:

Hi agoose,
I can’t join the project, but I can make couple of soldiers if you want. I lost my graphics card few days before so I can’t sculpt high poly mesh to bake the model but yes I can texture and animate the model as well.

Regards.

I indeed love these Nike Air Max. I needed a new neatness for work, they look magnificent and even feel better. Very soft sole Nike Air Max 90 New Arrival. It is major for my work shoes to have ventilation. Meanwhile, Discount Nike Air Max is suitable. Ill be back ahead Christmas.diffrent from Air max shoes on sale .More Nike Air Max 2012 shoes for bargain please disburse consideration to us! Ill send you new wonder each daytime!

I’ll have to consider what needs doing Birdao!
Let me show you all the small progress i’ve made; retopo an old model.

Sorry, I was a little busy.

Paste the ref image here (if you have any) or just explain what you need, poly count etc.

Regards.

Here are some crosshair mock ups

Note to self;

• Create a Filter class
  • Merge in DOF, Bloom, SSAO.
  • Enable Filter toggle at runtime
  • Enable automatic correction (enabling features to the best that the game can run at 40 - 60 fps)

Having DOF,BLOOM,SSAO and multiplayer script running would eat many frames mate.
Imagine the logic usage on 4 players with networking, the player and AI scripts and the graphics,environoments , and animation usage for zombies and players.

If you get bloom working with all these then its great! Or maybe you are using some magic tricks to improve performance.
Good luck!!!

Haha I love your performance posts BlendingBGE!

The good thing is that DOF, Bloom and SSAO all work as 2D filters. This means that regardless of how many moving characters there are in the scene there is no extra demand on the filters. In addition, the authoritative design should result in less processing on the client, meaning more logic space for you! I’m still going strong on the multiplayer.

I’ve also observed that it seems that the filter runs faster if you use if-statements rather than for-statements.

Okay, got that.
I did a few tests with 2 d filters, and I managed to optimize one of martinsh ssao script to increase the performance( much faster and almost the same look).
Bloom is the the fastest 2d filter if u use a small number of samples.
Also, it would be great if we would be able to have HDR.

Maybe harmony branch will fix 2d filters as soon as possible

Well, I can’t argue with that!
On a side note, I figured out how to create the TV distort effect I had wanted; using Gimp and the Distort filter, then swapping the image for a random one every 6th tick.
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=32442

Hi, just letting you know that I’m happy to help with the Python scripting/coding parts (I’m not so good at modelling or artwork). I’m not that familiar with BGE and how much scripting needs to be done - does it provide multiplayer networking facilities or do you have to write your own?

You have to write your own, which is what i’m currently working on at present

Hello everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve had the time to post anything worth reading, so I’m glad to be writing this post.
One of my core members, AcidPenguin, has just become available to work on the game again. Both he and I recognise the challenges that we faced during development, and hope to finish this project.
We both face busy schedules for the next month so development cannot resume until such point, but in the meantime I continue to progress with the multiplayer code. This means that, once the multiplayer framework is complete, I can start to link it into the core game framework. When this is done, it is a matter of asset creation from Acid whilst i determine the AI characteristics. As of now, I am working towards getting a large portion of the code ready for 7DAYFPS challenge, which ends in 4 days from now :S
This means that we’re looking at the current development cycle as follows;

• Develop multiplayer framework [from now until completion]
  • Integrate Multiplayer with Game Core [estimate 1 month start]
  • Program NPC behaviour [In 1-2 months]
  • Program player behaviour (shooting, scores) [In 1-2 months]
  • Re address map loading - determining how and what is loaded; enabling use of asset library. [1.5 - 2 months]
  • Implement assets + models with code [1-2 months]

This also means that the team is re opening. I shall re write the team list from what i am aware to be true. If you’re omitted from the list, then feel free to PM me. I am looking for new members, with the following skills:

• Animation - Zombie and Soldier armatures, weapon poses
  • Asset modellers; Weapons, Re-useable assets.
  • Asset compilers; Map designers to use instances of assets.
  • Texture artists; Artists who can take the aforementioned assets and crate Colour, Normal and Specular maps for them, based off a reference image.

There is, unfortunately, some bad news. It appears that during the course of E3 2012, a preview of an upcoming game called “Matter”. This means that I shall have to entirely rebrand the Game if I intend to sell it. This is questionable as I may sell it for a small fee (~£3.00) or release pay-for-DLC. Either way, it’s a blow to the development cycle.

oh i thought it was trailer for your game! I also saw this on the E3 livestream but i didnt even put the two together.

you could still keep your cool logo for the game just change the name. i really like the logo also ive had a idea for your game for a while you know how you kinda have the picture of the hand like flickering like its a screen or something. well what if you had that playing on a old tube tv and the camera slowely pulls back then after a minute the tv gets crushed by a bullet or a zombie or something then that can be your intro things.

Idk just an idea.

So in 3 months we can play? (in theory)
Sounds like your days will be packed with work, hopefully it all pays off. :slight_smile:
What are the estimated system requirements to play?
The other Matter sucks if you plan on selling - which you do. Would it be easier to just re brand now or wait longer and hope for the best? Hope it works out for you.