Monsters In My Milk

Nice !
Very nice characters indeed !

Concerning the possible cover: i like the top left cover best. Maybe you could try dropping the 3 creatures in the bowl with this cover ?

I am not so sure about the green monster though…

Many thanks guys I appreciate all your feedback.

Here is a shark that will be featured in the book.

Your monsters are really bright and unique.
Really like the style! Really bright and fun, my son would love it.

One thing I would say is I actually preferred the yellow larger text of the front cover.
From a childs point of view it definitely stands out a lot more and is easier to see from a distance (eg. book on shelf)
Favourite cover so far is the cat in red ring w/ yellow text. The milk waves also looking great.
Gonna keep an eye on this!

Wanted to drop in and thank you for posting a few of the Cycles ones on Cycles Museum. I like them a lot. Sorry your Cycles is crashy. Have you got the newest drivers for your card? (if you’re on nVidia, the newest one is 280 something…)
Anyway, this kitty one is my fave so far. I have a cat. He would be in total bliss here! :slight_smile:

Thank you Adam glad you like Pele (the cat) :slight_smile:

I just updated my Nvidia drivers to 285.62 so will try cycles again.

@ Odeas - thank you for your feedback!

A friendly submarine the main character will encounter along his adventure.

lol, that submarine is awesome. taking after the Beatles song?

Hi DL, great progess with your ideas. i’m likin it all !..how about 1 cover preliminary with >cat > bowl tiped over > milk “splater” > maybe the 2 buddies a little more setback?
just checking the yellowsub…really nice expression and less symetrical than some of the others so increases the variation

Hi Delta,

You have given me a great idea with what you suggested so I will create a mock up of another cover, I think it will be a more exciting cover. Also the characters are symmetrical because that how I prefer to present it, in the book they will not be.

Thanks guys for the feedback you are all helping me a lot.

Here are some more cover concepts I am playing with, I may add the monsters on the cover but I would really like to keep them a mystery.

Your feedback are welcome.

Your character designs are lovely, and very unique.

Your cover designs, though: they tend to be very staid, with a character usually right in the middle, and the title tucked off safely in the corner. The third one in the previous post is best, with the cat off-center on rough waves. But I think it would benefit from a more dramatic camera angle. Maybe a low angle, showing dramatic, storm tossed waves against the sky?

Also, look at children’s book covers and see what they do with the typography; “Monsters in My Milk” is a great title, and it needs to pop out way more.

Lovely models. Looking forward to seeing more.

I agree 100% Dharma, I want a more dramatic feel to the cover so I will do some more testing based on your feedback. Do you suggest adding anything more to the scene? does it look boring as is? (the third Render)

I dunno, that shark from earlier might look cool swimming around in there. :slight_smile:

I think that the title needs to stand out more :smiley: the font is great and so are the characters :smiley:

Pretty cool chracters! I think the milk could use a little bit more contrast, just a little.
I agree with Buddy_Dharma, the third one with the ride on the milky waves is top! :yes:

I went after a more dynamic look and feel, the text are stand in I have not decided if I am going to model it or just do it up in the Gimp. Also contrast was added to the milk as suggested.

I think that the last one is the best!

Great work, these characters are awesome!

The last one is the best for a cover :wink:

Though, the yellow monster makes it look like the milk is solid, because it’s just standing on it…
I might be wrong though

Thank you krokodyl1220 :slight_smile:

The yellow guy is actually hip high into the milk like he’s wading through it, but if it gives the illusion that the milk is solid I can change his pose to something more fun. Or add some more waves around him or something!

Thank you.