Moon Hoax Theorists, come here!

haha venom nice placeholder :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s not all that crazy. Illuminati conspiracists do the same thing, except that they look for triangles instead of lizards.

I bet the lizard conspiracy is just some online trolling group. Just as you had ‘Pokemon Believers’ that supposedly were looking for evidence of Pokemon existing in real life.

(Discarding the placeholder on the first page, since this information is more relevant here on page 2)

There is a lot of misinformation being spread out there. Make sure you do your own investigative research using good sources. The best sources are first person accounts or real footage or recording of an event taking place.

I think people should be a little more open minded with regards to intelligent life in the universe.

It’s so easy to dismiss someone who believes in inter-dimensional or extra-terrestrial beings as a crazy lunatic.

But, how crazy is this idea exactly?

Okay lets do some thinking here folks.

There may be as many as 500 billion galaxies in our known universe. (Source)

In our galaxy alone, there are 200 to 400 billion stars. Of which the oldest star is 13.2 billion years old. (Source)

Just to put this in perspective, our sun is approximately 4.6 billion years old. (Source)

There are 8 planets (and 4 dwarf planets) in our solar system. (source)

1 out of those 12 planets and dwarf planets has intelligent life.

The universe is so vast that the probability of there being intelligent life on this one planet alone out of the whole universe is very very small.

Of course, there’s no way to calculate the real probability because there are an infinite number of factors you’ll need to include to get an accurate probability.

With this in mind, I don’t think its crazy to entertain the idea that we’re not the most intelligent and only life in the universe.

As for the topic at hand, I think its pointless to argue whether or not the moon landing was staged.

We know man can reach the moon with current technology, so why does it matter so much?

There are so many more urgent issues that need to be discussed.

[quote=VenomSeven;1199240There are so many more urgent issues that need to be discussed.[/quote]

True that - I’ve been busy doing my bit to add in the views and what nots on the Waco theory with Salvadore. Helps pass the day away and while not as interesting as watching paint dry, I get some good ideas. Here’s some smiley’s too: :(:no::RocknRoll::confused::slight_smile:

The Van Allen belts contain alpha and beta radiation, but not gamma (gamma is not distorted by the Earths magnetic field).

Alpha and beta can be largely blocked with small amounts of material. Your CRT use beta radiation to illuminate the screen.

Also, as said, they plotted a path at such a time as to reduce the effects, and were only there for a short amount of time.

We need Buzz Aldrin to punch more people in the face.

I think the biggest piece of evidence going against the moan hoax theory is the fact that there were thousands of people involved in the entire process from start to landing. It is virtually impossible to keep a secret that big with that many people.

The government is horrible at keeping secrets. Your giving them too much credit.

Lol. You saw that one too. Instant classic.

Reptilian Watch has the Geico Gecko on their website, even as Geico has moved towards more commercials featuring a cave man instead.

It’s so easy to dismiss someone who believes in inter-dimensional or extra-terrestrial beings as a crazy lunatic.

The universe is so vast that the probability of there being intelligent life on this one planet alone out of the whole universe is very very small

With this in mind, I don’t think its crazy to entertain the idea that we’re not the most intelligent and only life in the universe.

Erm… can I make one little point? Well two, actually. Number one, that kind of thinking is about 50 years out of date. Drakes equation was formulated in the 60’s and sets up a framework for predicting how many communicating civilizations there are in the galaxy.

Very few people would think that you’re crazy to suggest something of that nature. Quite the opposite in fact.

Point two: what does that have to do with this topic? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well most of that post was directed toward CyborgDragon, who jokes about the idea of extra-terrestrial life, while he really believes he’s a dragon. (If that’s not hypocritical then, I don’t know what is)

It has little to do with this topic, but I’ve made my thoughts clear on the subject.

Continue with your discussion, if nothing else, it’s interesting to say the least.

Ironic that tonight, the episode of “Mythbusters” that aired, took on the Moon Hoax Theories. Needless to say, all of that they tried, BUSTED! What was really cool was the American flag they set up in a vacuum chamber. There it was, flapp’n away with NO BREEZE!

Read about it here…
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/

Lol, it’s a conspiracy, they’ve been watching this thread and created the episode especially for us. Lol, j/k.

Mythbusters is known for being extremely faulty and not following what the plans for devices and stuff are.
THey did one episode about a steam cannon, well, they did’nt follow the original plan, instead, they did there own thing thinking they’re better that archamedes. What they uilt didn’t work. However on the history channel there’s a show called Ancient Discoveries (I love that show btw) and they built the same device, but they followed the actual plans, the steam cannon was just as powerful as a black powder cannon, if not more so.

Don’t put your money on everything Mythbusters does, some things they’re right on, some things they’re not.

-Jimmy

That’s the thing. I didn’t watch the episode but from what I’ve been reading the myths they tested are easy to bust anyway- the flag, the shadows etc. Basically a popularly televised version of what anti-conspiracy-theory guys have been saying for years and no one seems to understand

everything always does that =P

but im sure the moon weighs a hole lot more than the people, and is closer than other planets (4-6 feet compared to 240000 miles to the earth on average) so im pretty sure it would have more of an effect than the peoples and planets gravity

That is one indisputable piece of evidence right there. Way too many people involved to have kept the secret alive for so long. In fact, the Russians desparately wanted to land on the moon, yet they did not bother to try and create some sort of a hoax. And they were in a much better position to keep a state secret like that, than the west. Most of their space missions were kept in secrecy anyway.

Even better. Why didn’t the Russian and now the Chinese reveal the “truth” to the world?

I don’t understand why people who have access to so many things that are based on satellite communications don’t believe it.

It is just about replacing the cargo for a human.

You can see the International Space Station with naked eye! It is right there! Just look for it.

Who says there were thousands of people involved? Perhaps the government just made up the statistics and hired a few actors to act as NASA’s representatives?

But meh, by this reasoning everything is fake as you can repeat this argument for all following arguments until the entire world is made up and you live in a city where everybody is an actor hired by the government to make you believe you’re free.

Or some other crap.

I’ve believed for a long time that the moon landing was a hoax. The thing that convinced me the most was that dust (when the cosmonauts were playing around) follows a perfect parabolic trajectory. That is only possible in a vacuum environment, and if it is so, NASA must had the biggest vacuum chamber EVER.

Follow the white rabbit…
Do you want the blue or the red pill?

I sincerely believe that the moon landing was a hoax, all set in action by thousands of people, just to prove the technology of the Americans was superior to the technology of the Russians.

Seriously though, I do think that all these conspiracy theorists are put out there by the governments to mislead the common audience to believe it’s all about fake moon landings. Yes, that’s were all the missing money went to. The US government is actually paying conspiracy theorists to mumble our minds!!!