Moon Hoax Theorists, come here!

You’re assuming feathers simply appeared out of nowhere and were made like current feathers. So I think you should read this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/02/20/scidino120.xml (note: there may certainly have been much more primitive feathers than these ones)

The theory of natural selection explains how such feathers could have appeared: one individual of a dinosaur species was a mutant - understand by that one or a few of his genes were abnormal due to random mutations - and grew very (very very) primitive feathers. Then this trait somehow helped him to survive (or he was just lucky), and his offspring inherited the trait.
One million years later, another mutation made the primitive feather change again, and etc.

Lol, evolution has plenty of faults. Instead of making a list, I simply like starting at the beginning of the faults. How can nothing create something?

The evolutionists randomly came up with the theory, because they didn’t understand how life began.

Think you got your logic backwards dude :wink:

Evolution is EVOLUTION, not creation.
Please, show me some quote from a evolution believer that says evolution explain how matter originated or even how life started.

Do you know why people get the flue every year? Because the viruses evolve.
Do you know why some antibiotics don’t work anymore? Because the bacteria evolved.
That is what evolutions is. Survival of the fittest. Its no theory, you can see it happening.

Hi,

Common sense has its limitations. After all, common sense told us that we couldn’t build ships from metal, or flying machines that were heavier than air. Logic and reasoning on the other hand, are used extensively in science to interpret the results of experiments.

No, that’s Lamarckism and isn’t generally accepted as being a valid mechanism for evolution.

It might help if you thought of birds as being dinosaurs. Here’s an interesting page:

http://www.dinosauria.com/jdp/archie/scutes.htm

It talks about the possible progenitors of feathers (probably scutes) but mentions the alternative, less likely idea that perhaps scutes are the “descendants” of feathers.

Darwin comes in somewhere here.

Origin of species is not origin of life!

As already stated, you folks are talking about abiogenesis, not evolution.

You happen to have walked into a topic I know a lot about, so if you think you have any evidence disproving the theory of evolution, bring it on.

Just try to keep an open mind when I refute your allegations.

It’s always nice to see hopeful people like you around.

Martin

I know that evolution is real. My Clefairy evolved into a Clefable when I used a moon stone.

And now back to the moon hoax.

Great segue, eh?

golf clap

Martin

Very good point!

I always keep an open mind for these such things.

Explain the soft tissue, believed to be red blood cells found in a t-rex bone on March 25, 2005.

Just thought it was curious that it is still there after ‘millions of years’

A (wise) man once said:

Some people…have the idea that evolution is a fucking system of…
“oh i need flippers, i’d better grow some” type bullshit. :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s more like “Oh shit look at that freak over there with the flippers hahaha OH SHIT I AM DROWNING OH GOD SAVE ME FLIPPER BOY”

Martin

This you mean? http://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=103152

(…)the preservation of soft tissue such as this is not unique in the geologic record(…)

Martin

that seems to be a biased report.

I do not see how this evidence could give that man the slightest hint as to that it relates dinosaurs to birds…

For a red blood cell, or any other type of soft tissue to stay around for billions of years is literally impossible. No excuse needed.

One problem I have with evolution is that they back up their theories, with their own theories, and it keeps going around in circles with no solid proof whatsoever.

Just for shits and giggles, what would you consider unbiased?

This is the press release from NC State University for the publication of their research (sadly, the paper itself is available for subscribers only).

http://www.ncsu.edu/news/press_releases/05_03/075.htm

As you’ll note if you read, the tissue samples were inside the bone, sealed off from external contact by the minerals making the outer crust of the bone.

No offence, but only fools deal in absolutes.

Here’s how the above article ended (emphasis mine):

We may not really know as much about how fossils are preserved as we think,” says Schweitzer. “Our preliminary research shows that antibodies that recognize collagen react to chemical extracts of this fossil bone. If further studies confirm this, we may have the potential to learn more not only about the dinosaurs themselves, but also about how and why they were preserved in the first place.”

Martin

Hi,

Firstly: millions, not billions.
Secondly: they weren’t red blood cells.

Do you mean proof of the existence of evolution, or the mechanism by which it occurs? There have been direct observations of evolution in action, so its existence really ought not to be in question. I’d be very interested to hear about other mechanisms though.

Depends on which sources you get your information from.
All the evolutionist groups claim it is not tissue, but the group
that found the bone claim it was a red blood cell.

What are the “direct observations of evolution”, I have yet to see any.

You did realise that what I’ve linked to is the group that did the research, right?
You also noticed that they explicitly say that it’s not full cells but only nuclei, right?

You didn’t?!

No! I am shocked!

Martin

ahhhh

stop the hoax thread please… believe whatever you wanna believe, just stop talking about hoaxes and conspiracies!